What's new

Anyone else use the Campbells Lather King

A few years back when the ebay craze was just getting started, I was able to snag 2 old chrome Campbell's hot lather machines. I sent them to Williamsport barber and they repaired them like new. I also have a newer one that does not look as nice but is quieter so when I shave early in the morning, it does not wake the wife. Anyone else here love the nice hot aerated lather of the Campbell's machines besides me?

Kenal0

Ive been dying to get one of these but just havent found the state of mind that lets me spend the 200 on it instead of a brush and other goodies. One day though. Plus, the country club out here has one in their locker rooms so I can just use theirs if im really wanting hot lather. Plus a scuttle works pretty damn well too.

A few people over at SRP had gotton them but didn't use them very long. The old ones usually need parts and have to be sent out for repair as you did and the new ones aren't as good quality wise as the old ones. Also they are really designed for heavy duty use in a barber shop and are kind of overkill at home. Also the lather they put out is nice and warm yes but doesn't compare quality wise to an english soap or even good quality glycerine soap and lastly it removes the badger brush, mug, soap variety thing from wet shaving. But like everything else its a YMMV type of thing so if you like it then it's right for you.

I do rotate and use a brush and a Geo Trumper Sandalwood Soap as well as the Lather King. I have one of the modern Lather Kings as well and have had it plugged in for quite a long time, using it every day with no ill effects. It definitely is overkill but for some reason I like the wet aerated lather. I apply thin coat of Stephan shaving cream first and then the lather. I also rotate between straight razor if I have the time and DE.
Kenal0

I don't have a machine but I use the Campbells liquid soap just like I use any cream. Just rub it all over my face and go at it with a brush and I get mounds of great lather.

Top Bottom