What's new

Cartridge Razor Lube Strip

the lubrastrip is not for lubing your face for the shave. that's why its on the back end of the cartridge, and hits you after you've been hit by 6 blades.
Its a gimmick designed to make the razor burn feel better BEFORE you actually feel the razor burn. Its basically the numbing agent the dentist rubs on your teeth before you get that nice big needle of novocaine shoved through your gums.

I managed to get the lube strip to MELT out of the cartridge by using hot tap water and 3 days of stubble. I tried soaking/blowing the residue out with the faucet. just melted that strip. If you melt the strip out first on a new razor, and use it, be prepared for razor burn hell.

Abolute twaddle :001_rolle. Which of the following ingredients are anaesthetics?

PEG-115M PEG-7M PEG-100 BHT and Tocopheryl Acetate.

I think we need a Cartridge Razor Lube Strip forum.

I kid, I kid.

$triumph_insult_comic_dog.jpg

Lube strips are just there to make you change blades sooner - if I had paid attention to mine I would get like 2 shaves out of a cart before replacing.

Lube strips always baffled me since it follows *after* the blades...the only logical explanation I can come up with is that it's supposed to soothe the just-shaved skin. But I always thought it would make more sense to have the lube strip before the blades so the blades have extra glide.

BHT is a preservative. Maybe it keeps wrinkles from forming? At least it keeps your face from growing mold........

This is why the soap & brush are so important. Since moving on from the canned stuff, I don't pay so much attention to the lube strip. Now the cart only needs to be tossed when the blade itself starts wearing out.

C'mon Gillette - bring back your DE line of razors !!! It's time for Fatboy II some new Super Speeds and a Tech or two.

Lube strips are just there to make you change blades sooner - if I had paid attention to mine I would get like 2 shaves out of a cart before replacing.

My thought exactly back when I used to use a M3 in the shower for head shaving the strip was noticeably deteriorated after the first use and completely gone after second.

BHT is a preservative. Maybe it keeps wrinkles from forming? At least it keeps your face from growing mold........

It's probably to preserve the other ingredients in the strip.

Lube strips always baffled me since it follows *after* the blades...the only logical explanation I can come up with is that it's supposed to soothe the just-shaved skin. But I always thought it would make more sense to have the lube strip before the blades so the blades have extra glide.

Maybe it's because the blades remove most of the shaving cream off your face? It makes sense to me, shaving cream before the blades, lube strip after. Obviously it doesn't make a HUGE difference but I think the lube strip makes sense. It should be smoother than dragging a piece of plastic on your face.

Last edited:
TOS does not allow posting links, but you can see something about ingredients in one of the patents. Go to google and search "Patent US 6993846 B2". Apparently Eveready, thorugh Energizer Holdings, applied for the patent. The strip under patent is polymer-based, which is plastic. I know I have seen something mucosal-like hanging off the lube strip of a house brand, so there is no telling what was on it. Personally I always found those lube strips to be annoying, and they strip and peel off anyway.

Top Bottom