What's new

Shaving Wisdom?

I work in a brewery. The master brewer claims everything you need to know about life, can be learned by brewing beer.

What about shaving? Has anyone pulled any pearls of wisdom or had any moments of enlightenment while shaving?

Ex. (Mark is cuts his lip while shaving and suddenly says "Holy cow I need to spend more time with my wife!")

.....you get the idea:glare:

Mixing beer and shaving is not a good idea.

Hmmmm...is there a soap that has a hops/barley malt fragrance profile?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Brewing and shaving share many virtues, not the least of which are:

- Patience
- Attention
- Using a light touch
- Willingness to experiment
- Creativity
- Honesty about results
- Finding your own way

I work in a brewery. The master brewer claims everything you need to know about life, can be learned by brewing beer.

What about shaving? Has anyone pulled any pearls of wisdom or had any moments of enlightenment while shaving?

Ex. (Mark is cuts his lip while shaving and suddenly says "Holy cow I need to spend more time with my wife!")

.....you get the idea:glare:

I knew that everything you needed to know about life you could learn by DRINKING beer - didn't know you could learn all that stuff just by brewing it...:tongue_sm

I knew that everything you needed to know about life you could learn by DRINKING beer - didn't know you could learn all that stuff just by brewing it...:tongue_sm
An oldie but a goodie:

One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Herd Theory to his buddy Norm…

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.

Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

An oldie but a goodie:

One afternoon at Cheers, Cliff Clavin was explaining the Buffalo Herd Theory to his buddy Norm…

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.

Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Well said! That's why I like to have a few beers while I shave. Seems the more beer I drink during shaving, the better the shave, or at least it seems that way. Could be that I simply forgot how many passes I've made, and instead of doing two or three, might do ten or twelve. It's difficult to count the passes and handle the beer at the same time. Seems a twelve pack is just about right for a really close shave!

USE MORE PRODUCT! :thumbup:

I never had a bad experience with too much soap in the lather. (Then, add enough water and take the time to build the lather.) In contrast, trying to conserve product has resulted in many bad shaves.

There's a shaving soap on etsy made with hops. Thinking the Brewers need to stick to beer.

actually a nice soap.

$beer soap synergy bay rum dovo prima mar 1 2014.jpg

$beer soap ingred label.jpg

Well said! That's why I like to have a few beers while I shave. Seems the more beer I drink during shaving, the better the shave, or at least it seems that way. Could be that I simply forgot how many passes I've made, and instead of doing two or three, might do ten or twelve. It's difficult to count the passes and handle the beer at the same time. Seems a twelve pack is just about right for a really close shave!

I want to try this my friend, I might get a closer shave.... or may not realize I am shaving when doing it.

Excellent wisdom!!!..... as long as I keep some bandages nearby......!

Top Bottom