What's new

First SE shave thanks to MGShogun!

I received a very nice Gem Featherweight and 10 SE blades as a PIF...and it came in the mail today! I'm a night shaver by nature, and had quite a bit on my to-do list, so I'm about to embark on my first SE shave. I'll post the results when I'm finished.

For the record, I'm Type B-Positive.

Thanks for the razor...and the chance for a new shaving experience, MGShogun!

IT IS DONE!

So I figured I should start with a better-than-usual prep, especially since I had several days growth. So I soaked a towel in hot water, and started my Williams-Conk's frankensoap and Surrey boar to soak and washed my face with Neutragena face wash. I was feeling sorta Irish-Trad tonight, so I punched Gaelic Storm into the IHeartRadio app on my phone (excellent band if that's your thing...amazing live show! Oh yeah, the shave...).

I was feeling really good about this as rinsed my face. Then I dropped in a blade. Looking down at the head of the razor, I thought "Holy (insert your favorite expletive here)!" I've seen Viking axes with less blade exposure! I took a moment to channel my inner Celt, then set about whipping up a nice lather.

As I lathered up, I found myself wondering if I should shave with this razor, or use it to pillage a small coastal town. Deciding to shave, I wrapped my lathered face in the hot towel, and spent the next four minutes reviewing my Last Will and Testament (luckily, I have another copy...the towel dripped all over it, smearing the ink). Once certain my whiskers were as soft as they were going to get, I lathered up again.

Taking a deep breath, I put the razor to my face, and...WOW! It was a nice smooth shave! I did for passes ( two WTG, an XTG and, yes, an ATG) and got a great shave! I only had a little bit of irritation at the end (in my usual trouble spots), and ended with a DFS with some BBS in spots! The very little irritation I had eased very quickly! This is a great little shaver!

After cleaning up, Uncalled the hospital to cancel my reservation in ICU (they're keeping the deposit though). And here I am with a new razor in my rotation!

Last edited:
Welcome to SE shaving! And remember - there is a learning curve. As you gain experience, it's going to get even better.

--Bob

Top Bottom