What's new

Soaps/balms for fall/winter

Hey guys! As summer winds down, I'm looking to grab some soaps and balms for the winter months. I'm looking for soaps that are a bit warmer, something that's spicy like a bay rum or something woodsy. Below is what I'm thinking of picking up.

Soaps:
Dr. Jon's Classic (I know it's probably not the most "fall" scent, but I get great results with Dr. Jon's Anne Boney, and have been wanting to try the Classic)
Stirling Ozark Mountain
Stirling Ben Franklin

Balms:
Soap Commander Purpose (bay rum)
Soap Commander Courage

Any thoughts on these scents, or suggestions on some that I'm missing, would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

Of the listed products the only ones I have used have been the SC Courage and Stirling Ozark.I would highly recommend both soap and splashes/balms for a fall scent.especially the Ozark.

Stirling just released their autumn lines also, I'm eyeballing Autumn glory and some red delicious, they also have hot apple cider and pumpkin spice.

Last edited:
If you like foresty, piney scents, then I don't think you can go wrong with Ozark Mountain.

I haven't tried this, it's on my radar for one day, but you may want to look into Strop Shoppe Russian Tea. They describe it as orange, clove and other spices.

If you haven't tried Barrister & Mann, try to find some scents that interest you. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Razorock Mudder Focker: Good fall winter scent to my nose anyway and the mud keeps your skin from drying out during the winter.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Ozark Mtn is a pine scent and Ben Franklin smells sort of like rootbeer, so if that says "fall/winter" to you, than you'll be a happy camper. Er, shaver.

Me, I'll be hitting the Speick, Musgo Real Classic, and Proraso Red hard and probably Cella too. I also want to pick up a couple "barbershoppy" soaps, probably B&M Seville and Stirling Barbershop. For post shave, I'm more of a splash guy than a balm guy, so it'll be Clubman SR and my VIBR/S70 bay rum mix.:bayrum2: Oh yeah! Bring on the cold weather!

Looking at using the following for soaps and balms this fall

Soaps:
Soap Commander Passion
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood

I would like to purchase maybe Catie's Bubbles LPV or Mike's Orange Cedarwood and Black Pepper but want to sample it before purchasing the full soap.

Balms:
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Soap Commander Integrity (may purchase this in order to avoid menthol)

Hey guys! As summer winds down, I'm looking to grab some soaps and balms for the winter months. I'm looking for soaps that are a bit warmer, something that's spicy like a bay rum or something woodsy. Below is what I'm thinking of picking up.

Soaps:
Dr. Jon's Classic (I know it's probably not the most "fall" scent, but I get great results with Dr. Jon's Anne Boney, and have been wanting to try the Classic)
Stirling Ozark Mountain
Stirling Ben Franklin

Balms:
Soap Commander Purpose (bay rum)
Soap Commander Courage

Any thoughts on these scents, or suggestions on some that I'm missing, would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

Tim I highly encourage the Soap Commander Courage. I have the soap and the balm and they are both fantastic and will be great for the fall. I like Endurance for the fall/winter by Soap Commander if you like Old Spice type scents.

I also recommend Submariner by Reef Point. It has a fantastic sweet, spicy type scent thats nice and warm with some tonka, vanilla, bourbon type notes in it.

Bergamot & Bay by Cold River Soap Works is another great one. Has some bay, tobacco, but has woodiness from cedar. Incredible scent.

Top Bottom