What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they might win, but they will always have that asterisk next to them.
So during their current, rather strong season, with heightened attention being paid to them because of the now disproven deflate gate saga, how are they cheating?

I'm not a huge pats fan, but it's hard to deny their talent. Didn't a court throw out the whole deflation thing?

That hurt Roger goddell more than anybody.

So during their current, rather strong season, with heightened attention being paid to them because of the now disproven deflate gate saga, how are they cheating?

I'm not a huge pats fan, but it's hard to deny their talent. Didn't a court throw out the whole deflation thing?

That hurt Roger goddell more than anybody.
Deflategate wasn't disproven, the team sanctions remain in place. That's a $1 million fine and forfeiture of two draft picks, including a first-rounder in 2016. Brady's suspension was overturned on technical/procedural grounds, not because he's innocent of the charges.

Deflategate wasn't disproven, the team sanctions remain in place. That's a $1 million fine and forfeiture of two draft picks, including a first-rounder in 2016. Brady's suspension was overturned on technical/procedural grounds, not because he's innocent of the charges.
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

The Broncos fired their coach a few years back and brought in Josh McDaniels seemingly in an attempt to get some of that Patriot winning magic. Didn't really get the winning magic but unfortunately did get a bit of the black magic. Didn't work out all that well in terms of wins, started out well but then dead average. And he benched then got rid of Brandon Marshall and spent three draft picks to get Tim Tebow. He brought over one of the Patriot assistants who was responsible for spygate who proceeded to do the same thing in Denver. Denver turned themselves in, fired McDaniels and took their punishment.

They didn't go on national television protesting their innocence and demand apologies. I've seen Bill Belichick as recently as the press conferences before the last superbowl during deflategate questioning still claim that the Patriots did nothing wrong in spygate. And Robert Kraft, team owner, famously proclaimed their innocence and demanded apologies, even after accepting the punishments for it which he then said was a mistake.

And what happened to McDaniels after that? Of course he went back to the Patriots, who else would take a proven cheat. And admittedly he clearly has talent as an offensive coordinator and quarterback coach, at least in the Patriot system.

It's funny how the Patriots feel about technicalities. They played games during critical playoff games last year with formations and eligible receivers. They were indignant in questioning about it because they'd followed the letter of the rules although clearly not the spirit as it was designed to confuse the officials and mislead the other team. Fooling the other team is done all the time but not by intentionally making them leave open a receiver who they were never told was eligible. That's just plain cheating. The officials should have caught it but it was an unusual situation and didn't, exactly as was intended. And it worked. They were obviously a great team but likely won't have ended up the superbowl winner without that. It gave them an edge. When they got busted on football inflation pressure, all of a sudden technicalities were dismissed as irrelevant and not worthy of attention or recognition. Then when Brady got the suspension, all of a sudden technicalities became important again and were used to get the suspension overturned.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to rant or come off as a Patriot hater. I think they're an interesting case study. They embody the NFL desire to do whatever it takes to win. Are the other teams any better or do the Patriots just do it better than everyone else? :wink:

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to rant or come off as a Patriot hater. I think they're an interesting case study. They embody the NFL desire to do whatever it takes to win. Are the other teams any better or do the Patriots just do it better than everyone else? :wink:

They just do it better than everyone else imo.

And psi matters, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

This has to be the worst NFL season I have seen in several years. Only several winning divisions to where teams are over .500.

Probably depends on who you're a fan of. The really hurting divisions are the AFC South and NFC East, both of which don't have a team over .500. Those divisions have some historically pretty decent teams in them, but not this year. All six other divisions are better than that. If you have two teams at 1.000 and three more at .800, somebody has to balance that out.

This has to be the worst NFL season I have seen in several years. Only several winning divisions to where teams are over .500.

I like it, myself. Not much fun when divisions are locked up by October and the only question left is the Wild Card teams. Of course, being a Chiefs fan the Wild Card Chase is always exciting because that's about all we've had since Manning arrived in Denver.

Brock Osweiler led the Broncos to beat the previously undefeated Patriots. Who'da thunk it!? Almost feel sorry for the Patriots with all the injuries they're having. When Gronk got hurt the light seemed to (uncharacteristically) drain from Brady's eyes as he knew what a blow it was.

Brock Osweiler led the Broncos to beat the previously undefeated Patriots.

You left out the part of how the officiating helped the Broncos. I didn't care who won the game, but the Patriots really got screwed by some of the calls against them as well as by calls that weren't made.

You left out the part of how the officiating helped the Broncos. I didn't care who won the game, but the Patriots really got screwed by some of the calls against them as well as by calls that weren't made.

I wasn't trying to do a comprehensive analysis of the game.
You left out that I mentioned the Patriots injuries including losing Gronk as a factor in the game.

So what did I leave out?

The Broncos have plenty of injuries as well including losing three starters in this game alone.

The Patriots lead the league in pass interference penalties and Gronk leads the league in individual pass interference penalties. He does it much more than he is called for it and is unapologetic for it. Should I feel bad that he got called for it at an inconvenient time? Or should I consider all the teams that he gets away with it against?

Sometimes refs get ticky tacky with calls. The call against Chung that kept Denver's drive alive for example. But Talib was called for pass interference for something that looked even more minor to me earlier in the game. And Mathis was called for pretty ticky tack holding that effectively ended a Denver drive resulting in a missed field goal.

It's tempting to look at one or two tight calls on big plays, especially late in the game, and say that determined the game and that can be very frustrating. But penalties earlier in the game count to and you have to look at the whole thing.

Broncos vs Patriots: Exciting game! Brock looked pretty good for his second NFL start. The Pats' first drive had me thinking this was going to be a blowout.
Nice to see Anderson getting some good runs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom