What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Von is pretty amazing, and I've heard that story about Derrick Thomas before. Here's a funny meme from Reddit with Von. I'd feel bad about rubbing it in if: a) it wasn't completely true and b) the Panthers hadn't taken so much delight in rubbing it in all year, [emoji6]
proxy.php

Last edited:
I beat up on Cam a bit, as I did Tom Brady earlier. But both of them just fell victim to a great defense, kept fighting to the end, and nearly pulled it out. the same thing happened to Peyton more than once. And he didn't always react well either. Nobody like to lose.

Best halftime event ever. Time for a smoke and a Fresca!

proxy.php

I don't know. The game is much more fun to watch with more complex schemes and bigger, faster players on the field, insanely technical coverage on the TV, etc. but it seems like the game used to be a lot more "elegant" and "classy" back in the day.

2 questions for anybody interested in pondering and replying:

1. How many years would you have to go back in time until the worst team in the league this year could, without fail, beat the Superbowl Champions of an earlier year?

2. How many years would you have to go back until the best college football team of this year (Alabama) could, without fail, beat the Superbowl Champions of an earlier year?

... seems like the game used to be a lot more "elegant" and "classy" back in the day. ...
I think that the Broncos were more "elegant" and "classy" when Peyton first got to Denver. But the grinding defenses continually put an end to their seasons, sometimes in ugly and horrible ways. Actually that's been happening to Peyton most of his career. So Elway decided if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I think Tom Landry and the Broncos' own Dan Reeves were among the last of the suit and tie-wearing coaches before the NFL mandated sideline personnel wear "NFL-Licensed" garments.

For the record, I always refer to those golf-affiliated sun visors with the band that goes around your head "Steve Spurriers."

I think Tom Landry and the Broncos' own Dan Reeves were among the last of the suit and tie-wearing coaches before the NFL mandated sideline personnel wear "NFL-Licensed" garments.

For the record, I always refer to those golf-affiliated sun visors with the band that goes around your head "Steve Spurriers."
Those were different days...
proxy.php

"Classy" should never be used in the same sentence with Peyton or the Manning family. Peyton paid a huge sum for his sexual assault incident. Subsequently, he and the family was fined twice for violating the disclosure terms of the court in bashing the character of the victim. Witnesses and Peyton's teammates backup the victim stories but denied Peyton's versions of the incident.

The Manning family acts with total arrogance and feel they are beyond the rules. Archie strong arms the NFL draft process for Eli. The families character deformation of the trainer at Tennessee. They hired investigators to strong arm the Sly family to silence the HGH story.

Archie's roots are in south. The Long family and their indiscretions are well known in the south. When "Kingfish" Long was impeached when governor of Louisiana he bribed 1/3 of state officials for a vote not to impeach, no matter what evidence was unearthed, to insure a vote not to impeach outcome. Seems like the Manning's are a modern day version of the Long's.

One can only hope that this sexual assault story has long legs and Peyton looses endorsements. I wouldn't feel sorry for Peyton, he could always get a gig with Bigelow's or Lipton's, tea bagger that he is.

This is the NFL2015 thread.

The Peyton allegations are part of the 2015 NFL news, so I feel it is appropriate that it may be discussed.

That is true, but it is also 20 year old news that would be more appropriate if it was discussed in a TMZ 2015 thread.

The complaint filed by Jamie Naughright against Peyton Manning was 1 of 33 of harassment and discrimination which she filed with the Tennessee Human Rights Commission and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in 1996. Hardly seems like news since it was well covered at the time and many times since. But I guess anything is news if you win the Superbowl. Especially if you're a reporter looking for something sensational to fill otherwise dead air / blank pages.

The complaint filed by Jamie Naughright against Peyton Manning was 1 of 33 of harassment and discrimination which she filed with the Tennessee Human Rights Commission and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in 1996. Hardly seems like news since it was well covered at the time and many times since. But I guess anything is news if you win the Superbowl. Especially if you're a reporter looking for something sensational to fill otherwise dead air / blank pages.

Oh SURE! I see what you did there...bringing up deflategate again, aint cha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom