What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncos vs Patriots: Exciting game! Brock looked pretty good for his second NFL start. The Pats' first drive had me thinking this was going to be a blowout.
Nice to see Anderson getting some good runs again.

It was a very exciting game, yes.

"Brockweiler" is setting a pretty high standard. He might show feet of clay at some point and catch heck from fickle Denver fans, but not yet.

Didn't start well for the Broncos. Not sure why they thought they could get away with man coverage on Gronk, and why it was a good idea. Brady is an expert at identifying man coverage pre-snap and will go right to Gronk in that case. Makes it all too easy for the Pats.

I guess they were trying to use more guys to pressure Brady but still seems like a bad idea. They got some pressure on Brady but not as much as I expected. Looked to me like the Patriots were holding Von Miller at least some of the time and not getting called for it. Hey, good strategy if you can pull it off! But to be fair, the Patriots were just doing a good job containing Miller and the rest of the pass rush most of the time.

The fat lady is singing loudly for the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Washington. At the rate they're going they could all have a top 10 draft pick except for the one who will reach the playoffs by default with a 7-9 or 8-8 record at best.
If Kirk Cousins is the best QB in the NFC East than we might as well pack it all in.

The fat lady is singing loudly for the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants and Washington. At the rate they're going they could all have a top 10 draft pick except for the one who will reach the playoffs by default with a 7-9 or 8-8 record at best.
If Kirk Cousins is the best QB in the NFC East than we might as well pack it all in.

Best QB in the NFC East is Romo but he can't stay healthy. If Jerry Jones hadn't been too clever and cheap for his own good and paid DeMarco Murray, it might have all been different. I expected better from Chip Kelly. I thought he was a real innovator but now he seems all too set in his ways and predictable. The Giants might still make a season of it, maybe. Washington, well, they're what they have been for a while, only slightly improved hah.

Belichick is pretty brutal. Just released Chris Harper who fumbled the punt reception last night against the Broncos. Apparently he normally doesn't play that role but was moved there with both Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola. Bad luck for him.

Last edited:
I must have missed that game. Can't recall the last game I watched with a pick-six -and- a kick-six both on the same game.

Some observations:

1. The Giants are toast. And I am a Giant fan.
  2. The Patriots will have to come up with some hard decisions with all those injuries. And I don't like the Pats.
  3. The Panthers have had a remarkable run and if Cam stays healthy could be hard to beat.
  4. The Eastern Conference in the NFC is a joke.
  5. The two teams that have surprised me the most are the Panthers and Cardinals.

Some observations:

1. The Giants are toast. And I am a Giant fan.
  2. The Patriots will have to come up with some hard decisions with all those injuries. And I don't like the Pats.
  3. The Panthers have had a remarkable run and if Cam stays healthy could be hard to beat.
  4. The Eastern Conference in the NFC is a joke.
  5. The two teams that have surprised me the most are the Panthers and Cardinals.

Looking at the Panthers remaining schedule, I actually think the Giants might have the best chance to beat the Panthers. I know you're probably laughing at the idea but I stick by it. We'll see. As far as the Patriots, sounds like Gronk will only miss one game. The way he was flopping around on the field I expected worse. Many players walk off under their own power and are out for the year. None of the rest: Edelman, Amendola, Collins, Hightower are out for the year. Of course the Patriots are tight lipped so no idea when they'll be back but they could be dominant again by playoff time. I was surprised by the Panthers, not as much by the Cardinals.

The Packers / Lions game was pretty amazing, unless you're a Lions fan of course. The Packers were behind, what 20 to zip. The Packers came back to within 3 (23-20) and had a final drive from the 20 with something like 25 seconds and no timeouts. The game ended with the Packers losing. Then a face mask penalty extended the game one play after Rodgers threw to Rodgers who threw it back to Rodgers. Yes I know, confusing isn't it? Like who's on first. I didn't actually see the face mask grab myself and an not sure it really happened. Then a really long Hail Mary from Rodgers to Rogers for a walk off win with no time left.

Last edited:
Last 3 NFL games have ended with walkoff game changing touchdowns on the final play of the game:
DEN 30, NE 24 (OT) on Sunday night CJ Anderson walk off

BAL 33, CLE 27 on Monday night Blocked kick returned for TD walk off

GB 27, DET 23 tonight Hail Mary walk off

Minnesota has been in a world of hurt in the first half against Seattle. The least penalized team in the league is getting killed with a series of pretty questionable penalties and losing at home 28-0.

On another note, there's a Jets / Giants game which is the only situation I can think of where both teams are the home team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom