What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facing a dilemma. I LOVED the L.A. Rams as a kid, moved to Louisiana, then switched to the Saints when the Rams moved to St. Louis. But I never had the connection with the Saints that I had with the Rams. If the Rams move back to L.A. ...... I wish they'd go back to the white uniforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seahawks pick up where they left off--not able to get that ONE yard they need.

Colts defense also sticking with their 2014 AFC championship strategy of not bothering to tackle any of the opposing players.

Last edited:
Thank GOODNESS Goodell is cracking down on thugs like Tom Brady, who MAY have been "generally aware" of possibly low air pressure in game balls.

Meanwhile, fine, upstanding players like Pacman Jones are not suspended for plays that are part of "the integrity of the game"

Thank GOODNESS Goodell is cracking down on thugs like Tom Brady, who MAY have been "generally aware" of possibly low air pressure in game balls.

Meanwhile, fine, upstanding players like Pacman Jones are not suspended for plays that are part of "the integrity of the game"

Or the Dolphins Suh using Alfred Morris's head as a soccer ball.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Titans new QB looked pretty good. But maybe that's because they were playing Tampa Bay.

Poor Bears....

Long-suffering Chiefs fan here. I was surprised our neophyte O-Line did so well against JJ Watt on Sunday. Also nice to see we have maybe at least one wide receiver in Jeremy Maclin. We're actually 3-point favorites against Denver this Thursday but we'll see. Really can't believe I didn't get tickets to that game. Arrowhead will be rocking.

The wife's from Wisconsin and is a Packers fan. She'd never been to an NFL game so 5 years ago I took her to the Chiefs/Packers game at Arrowhead when the Chiefs were looking really bad and the Packers, I believe, were undefeated in mid-December. There were as many Packers fans there as Chiefs fans and they were all talking trash. The Chiefs wound up beating them. I felt bad for the wife as her team lost and the Chiefs were a lost cause at that point, but what can you say?

The Chiefs play the Packers again on MNF on the 28th at Lambeau. We'll see how that goes.......

I'd be happy if the Chiefs could just win one playoff game this year.

Titans new QB looked pretty good. But maybe that's because they were playing Tampa Bay.

Poor Bears....

I'm pretty impressed with Mariota so far. I can only hope he's able to stay healthy, but yes, a lot of his success yesterday was because he was playing a horrible team that may not win a single game this year.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm pretty impressed with Mariota so far. I can only hope he's able to stay healthy, but yes, a lot of his success yesterday was because he was playing a horrible team that may not win a single game this year.

But what was Jameis Wiston's problem? Poor kid.

Well, as a Kansas City Chiefs fan I was pretty happy to see them come out and take control early. The addition of Jeremy Maclin at WR is a big boost. Even if they don't have him targeted, the defence has to account for him on every route which takes heat off of our #2 receivers and the TE. We haven't had that in years here in K.C. The best we could come up with isDwayne Bowe. A sixty million dollar overpaid receiver who did not catch a single TD pass last year. The big positive here is Travis Kelce at TE. He is not quite Gronk's size but he goes 6'5"/260lb with great hands and considerable speed for that position. He hauled in two TD catches Sunday. Jamal Charles looks as good as ever and was juking the defence into twisted fits all day long. QB Alex Smith looked really solid as well. And the O line was good considering five of the starters that day were backups or new. Hopefully this is not a flash in the pan.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I watched a little football here, too nice to be inside much though. And can't get the Brownies via the big antenna any more .. Interesting that amongst all those beer and hooters commercials (we erstwhile NFL fans are the lowest common denominator anyway) now we are treated to, during the multitude of reviews, ads for online betting. I wasn't even sure that was legal? As we all know, gambling solves a myriad of problems, especially when there are more places to engage in it ..

Addendum: I see that a New Jersey representative has demanded congressional hearings, probably involving fact finding missions to wherever the gambling sites are based.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've never really watched football much but this year it's rather enjoyable.

I don't ever remember this much football being on TV though. Seems like this year they are making an effort to air it all week long.

Sunday, 2 on Monday, Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom