What's new

Tom Ford Question

Howdy!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Saturday! I am relatively new to the cologne game, and would appreciate your help.
I recently bought Tom Ford Black Orchid from Nordstorm and am not sure I should keep it as I found out through basenotes.com it is a feminine fragrance (not that It matters) and I was wondering is it a good scent to wear or is there a better fragrance you might suggest?

I have the following colognes:

Polo Green
Tom Ford (Original)
Tom Ford Noir
Tom Ford Grey Veliter
Brooks Brothers New York Gentleman
Tiffany Sport

I have also been considering the following colognes:

Brooks Brothers 1818
Brooks Brothers Red Fleece

Any suggestions would be graciously appreciated! Thank you for always guiding me in the right direction!

Best,
Jerry

Jerry!

If you don't like the perfume you bough and can return it then, in my mind, you should! Why use a scent you don't really enjoy?

I like Black Orchid. I wear it on occasion.
Other TF frags I like are-
Tobacco Vanille
Tuscan Leather (also layer w/ Tobacco Vanille)
Italian Cypress
Oud Wood
Extreme
Neroli Portofino

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have and enjoy

Noir de Noir
Italian Cypress
Santal Blush
Tuscan Leather

I do have Tobacco Vanille, but don't really recommend it. I don't find myself actually reaching for it all that often.

I have and Love Tom Ford.
Oud Wood, i think a little too soft but smells great
Black Orchid - Great Great Great
Exteme - my least favorite but a good one
Noir Extreme - Excellent

a nice tip: Tom Ford Italian Cypress is a replica of Halston z-14. Z-14 has been reformulated, but it is still possible to find the original by looking for Jeff Gordon promotional Halston z-14 stuff. It is an absolutely stunner of a fragrance, and is to my nose identical to Italian Cypress, and 3oz of it can be had for $15 or so, rather than $200 for 50ml.

Jerry, you should send that Black Orchid to my wife. She loves it. I know that doesn't solve the dilemma for you, but it would help me out a lot.

What other Tom Ford Fragrances should I look at? Or what would you recommend?

Two of my favorites are Tom Ford's Oud Fleur and Tobacco Oud. Recently I also acquired a decant of their Amber Absolute, which I absolutely enjoy wearing and smelling throughout the day.

Tim

Last edited:
Top Bottom