What's new

Favorite Cuban Cigars?

Mont No 2 are great. The petites are great for a shorter smoke.

Partagas D series no 4 are awesome

Hoyo de Monteray Coronas or double coronas (if you can find and afford them) are great as well.

Some of my favs that haven't been mentioned already

Ramon Allones Specially Selected
Partagas 858
Partagas Short
Partagas Series P #2
Romeo y Julietta Cedro #2
Cohiba Siglo VI
H. Upmann Mangun 50
Montecristo #4

I have found that Cubans tend to smoke better with a few years on them. The problem is keeping them around long enough to get a couple of years on them! :lol:

Anyone know when Cuba will be opened to those in in USA? I'm not married to Beyonce, so I can't ignore the travel laws.

1) Monte #2
2) Partagas Serie D No 4
3) Cohiba Siglo Series (II or III)

The Cohiba would be my #1 but the price is just too much.

I also really like the RyJ Mille Fleurs for a quick smoke. They're priced right too. Box of 20 for $90

I have found that Cubans tend to smoke better with a few years on them. The problem is keeping them around long enough to get a couple of years on them! :lol:

When I order, a lot of my boxes have age on them already. For example, I received a box of Serie D No 4 that were 18 months vintage already. However, yes, I agree. Cuban's are very green when you get them just rolled.

Anyone know when Cuba will be opened to those in in USA? I'm not married to Beyonce, so I can't ignore the travel laws.

You can get there already from Canada. You can also legally order the cigars online.

EDIT: I was wrong. Embargo on cigars is still in place. Last I read it was what would the effects be IF the embargo was lifted.

Last edited:
From what I remember, until the travel ban is lifted, even going to Cuba through Canada is illegal. I know there were some articles on this, years ago in a Cigars magazine. The U.S. government can pick and choose who they want to prosecute. I'll wait.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I am going to Europe for two weeks on Friday, so I will have my fill of the Cuban stogies. But to tell you the truth, I have been doing a whole lot of travel in Europe and elsewhere lately, and have had many Cuban cigars of all shapes and sizes. The gap between the Dominican and the Nicaraguan cigars versus the Cuban cigars has closed up a great deal in the last decade. I always bring a few cigars from home on my trips, and when I smoke them after a few Cubans, I always note how much better constructed they are compared to the Cubans. The Cubans do have a certain flavor that is hard to match. But gap is closing rapidly. And the construction of a lot of off-the-shelf Cubans has gone down hill. However, they are still fun to smoke when you can get them. I do really like the R&J Churchill. I will certainly have a few of them over the next two weeks. among others. After hearing you guys talk about the PSD4 a lot on here, I will have to seek one out as well.

I am going to Europe for two weeks on Friday, so I will have my fill of the Cuban stogies. But to tell you the truth, I have been doing a whole lot of travel in Europe and elsewhere lately, and have had many Cuban cigars of all shapes and sizes. The gap between the Dominican and the Nicaraguan cigars versus the Cuban cigars has closed up a great deal in the last decade. I always bring a few cigars from home on my trips, and when I smoke them after a few Cubans, I always note how much better constructed they are compared to the Cubans. The Cubans do have a certain flavor that is hard to match. But gap is closing rapidly. And the construction of a lot of off-the-shelf Cubans has gone down hill. However, they are still fun to smoke when you can get them. I do really like the R&J Churchill. I will certainly have a few of them over the next two weeks. among others. After hearing you guys talk about the PSD4 a lot on here, I will have to seek one out as well.

They're "mood smokes" for me. I have to be in the right mood. Cubans are an enthusiast smoke in my opinion. You have to appreciate the earthy and pure taste they have. I like Nics and Doms as well. Also a fan of Cameroon wrapped smokes. I think in terms of variety, Nics/Doms win. Cubans win in terms of being a purist smoke.

Partegas Serie D #4

end thread

IMO, they are hands down the best Cuban for the price. It's extremely hard to argue that. $90 for a box of 10, $175 for a box of 20. That's tough to beat.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Partegas Serie D #4

end thread

I will be in Paris on Friday. My goal will be to find one of these PSD4's post haste. I am sure I probably smoked them in passing without paying too much attention to which Partegas I was smoking. But I want to smoke a couple of these and actually pay attention this time.

I will be in Paris on Friday. My goal will be to find one of these PSD4's post haste. I am sure I probably smoked them in passing without paying too much attention to which Partegas I was smoking. But I want to smoke a couple of these and actually pay attention this time.

Well, while getting the PSD#4s, don't forget the Partagas Series P #2! Another fine smoke!

Speaking of Mille Fleurs have you tried the Partagas variation? I really enjoyed the few that I've had.

No I haven't but I will without a doubt give them a look. I'm a big fan of the petite corona/mille fleur style. Unfortunately, my supplier has been out of stock on them.

I feel very good about anything in the Partagas line.

Speaking of Mille Fleurs have you tried the Partagas variation? I really enjoyed the few that I've had.

No I haven't but I will without a doubt give them a look. I'm a big fan of the petite corona/mille fleur style. Unfortunately, my supplier has been out of stock on them.

I feel very good about anything in the Partagas line.

They are called Partagas Shorts. They are an awesome little cigar. Again, better with a little age on them.

Top Bottom