What's new

Stirling vs. Chiseled Face?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Looking at these two aftershaves, they both seem to have alcohol, and a bunch of other skin healthy ingredients.

Can somebody who has tried both of these comment as to their skin calming properties, their scent stay, and anything else that might differentiate them?

Thanks!

I had a rough shave on my 3rd use of my last Gillette Silver Blue, so i went to the Chiseled Face Trade Winds. It fixed me right up. Healed me up, and i really didnt get too much for razor burn because the stuff is fantastic.

With Stirling, i see comparable results, but i think that Chiseled face tends to stay longer.

The best AS that i have ever used is the B&M aftershaves. That stuff is unreal

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I had a rough shave on my 3rd use of my last Gillette Silver Blue, so i went to the Chiseled Face Trade Winds. It fixed me right up. Healed me up, and i really didnt get too much for razor burn because the stuff is fantastic.

With Stirling, i see comparable results, but i think that Chiseled face tends to stay longer.

The best AS that i have ever used is the B&M aftershaves. That stuff is unreal

That's really funny that you say that. I got their Fourgere Bouqet; the scent was too complex for my tastes, and it left my skin feeling tight.

I have both and really enjoy both. With chiseled face I get a lot more burn when first applied than stirling. I also feel the scent lasts several hours longer than the stirling after shave but as far as skin care I feel they are about the same.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This is perfect, thanks. I love scent longevity and burn, so it looks like it is chisled face for me!

I have both and really enjoy both. With chiseled face I get a lot more burn when first applied than stirling. I also feel the scent lasts several hours longer than the stirling after shave but as far as skin care I feel they are about the same.

Havent tried Stirling a/s yet, but Chiseled Face makes some great stuff. The Sherlock and Cinawood Boroka are my 2 favorites. Light menthol sting and the scents seem to last a while. Sherlock is complex and very unique. kind of earthy but in a masculine-floral kind of way if that makes sense.

I have gone through several sample vials of Stirling and a single vial of Chiseled Face.

They are both great products, but I give the edge to the Chiseled Face. I have only tried the Cinnawood Boroka - a great woodsy, spicy scent. The AS has a great burn, followed by a lingering menthol chill and leaves my face feeling great. In addition to the alcohol, it has witch hazel and aloe vera juice.

The full ingredients list from their site: Alcohol, Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Calendula, Sodium Lactate, Menthol, Vitamin B5 Pro, Astaxanthin

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have gone through several sample vials of Stirling and a single vial of Chiseled Face.

They are both great products, but I give the edge to the Chiseled Face. I have only tried the Cinnawood Boroka - a great woodsy, spicy scent. The AS has a great burn, followed by a lingering menthol chill and leaves my face feeling great. In addition to the alcohol, it has witch hazel and aloe vera juice.

The full ingredients list from their site: Alcohol, Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera Juice, Calendula, Sodium Lactate, Menthol, Vitamin B5 Pro, Astaxanthin

Many thanks!

Like others, I haven't tried Stirling although a bottle of Barbershop is in my future (love that scent!). But regarding Chiseled Face, I bought a sample vial of Easy Street, and it is a solid performer. Bonus: My wife complimented me on the scent.

I have several of both and I'd have a hard time picking one over the other. Chiseled Face has some intriguing scents, Stirling has a larger selection of scents. Both have conditioning ingredients. Stirling has glacial menthol products, but nothing with the intensity of Cryogen.

With Stirling you can have matching scented bath soap/shaving oil/shaving soap/aftershave splash/aftershave balm if you're into that sort of thing.

Stirling is a little less expensive ($12 vs $15); neither will break the bank.

Both product lines are excellent.

If I have to choose one . . . . but I don't. :tongue_sm

--Bob

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Loving the CF Ghost Town Barber ... it's great-smelling and medicinal, too.

Summer Storm rocks as well.

AA

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I am almost afraid to ask this, but does anyone have an opinion as to Chiseled Face vs Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements aftershave?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You did not say which stirling and which chiseled face you are interested in.

I have CF Sherlock, and love it. It is one of my favs also.

I have Stirling Spice, Ozark and Ben Frankin. They are also very good.

The CF Sherlock is much stronger than all three of the Stirlings, and the smell lasts much longer. The Stirlings are all much more subtle and dissipate much more quickly. However, the Stirlings are a much more refined and mature scent. The CF is very in-your-face.

The Sherlock is crazy good at healing up the skin as noted. It is super powerful stuff, and offers quite a whack when you put it on your face... then a major soothing sensation.

The Stirling Spice and Ozark are splashes. They dont have as much kick as the Sherlock. And although they have some very soothing properties, they are no where as strong as the sherlock in any way.

The Ben Franklin is a witch hazel and aloe based product. So it has wonderful soothing properties. It also is very mild and has very little if any kick to it. And I dont feel that i could use it without an aftershave followup, even though it smells heavenly. I put it on, and five minutes later I need some splash. I have talked to other people here that use the Ben Franklin as a stand alone aftershave.

I love them all. They are all top notch products. And I will buy more stuff from both providers. But they are very different for sure.

I recently decided I should branch out and try a few new products other than Stirling (that's pretty much all I've purchased for the last year or so, as far as soap/AS goes). I recently purchased the CF Ghost Town Barber soap and was so blown away by the scent that I just ordered the matching splash. I much prefer the CF splash to the Stirling splashes I've used (Vetiver and SDM).

The Stirling splashes had something in them that my skin reacted to and I couldn't really use them much. When I did, though, they were pretty good. As BradWorld noted above, the scent on the Stirling splashes, while good, just didn't have much power. The CF splash, however, is really amazing. Application feels a lot like the Fine AS splashes in that it is soothing with just a bite of alcohol and just the right amount of menthol. But I think CF does one better than Fine with the added goodies (mainly aloe vera) that make CF more moisturizing, which gives me a better face feel. Also, the CF scent is stronger and seems to last all day, literally. I applied it at 7:30 a.m. this morning; it is now 3:30 p.m. and I'm still getting whiffs of it! And that's a good thing in my book, because this scent is amazing.

I have both. Stirling Island Man splash and Chiseled Face Summer Storm splash. Both a great aftershaves - I prefer aftershave splashes that have moisturizing ingredients (not just alcohol and glycerin) which both of these offer. With the particular splashes I have a notable difference is summer storm has menthol in it and island man does not. You can get one of stirling's menthol splashes in you want menthol. Choosing one over the other comes down to 1) scent and 2) menthol (i don't think CF has non-mentholated AS).

I am a huge fan of the Stirling aftershaves... Or at least one in particular, Sharp Dressed Man (it's the only one I've tried). I have always had problems with cheap aftershaves bought from Walmarts, grocery stores, etc. and I find that my post shave skin issues are completely gone since going with Stirling. YMMV

Top Bottom