What's new

What Chromium Oxide should I be using for daily use?

Was told that I should be using a Chromium Oxide paste on the canvas side of my strop for daily use. So, which one should I be using??

Thanks,
Joshua

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend it to you but rather use swede or linen and then old good leather. I would personally go to Chromium to refresh an edge if you like pastes.

What kind of strop do you use ?

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
You definitely don't want to use Chrox daily.
My favorite paste is TI white applied to cotton. Usually 6-8 laps is enough to bring an edge back and it's much smoother than Chrox IMO.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Agreed, you don't need to use CrOx daily. You can put some on the back side of your canvas component, and when you want to use it, lay the strop on a table and roll up the leather component. Not sure if that makes sense?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440170676.635103.jpg

Last edited:
Daily Crox use is, IMO, a recipe for disaster. Using it for touchups is a plausible idea though; meaning - when the edge tugs, give it a few laps on the Crox.
Hand American makes a good quality Crox product, was very consistent.
Polishing compound sticks - not so consistent. Same for ungraded pigments and so on.

One thing I've always wondered about is the difference between the 6-micron crox tube from Solingen and the 0.5-micron crox that's usually mentioned on the forums. How to account for the difference in aggressiveness? The 6-micron crox is darker and denser than the 0.5 micron crox from what I can tell.

Top Bottom