What's new

Feather blades?

I read so much about them. And, once again I tried. Feather AS-D2 razor. supposedly made for them. And, I have used many different blades with this razor. IMHO the razor is as good as it gets. Great shave with many blades. And, also as bloodless as it gets when your technique may be not as good as some on this site? Very friendly and much better than a cartridge razor. But, I find that 1st use of the feather blade seems to be not as smooth as other blades I have tried & used. Previously, I have said in previous posts that I really like the Treet Black Beauty blades. I still do! The Feel so smooth for me, lots of sound & plenty cheap enough to use once & take a new one next shave. But, I must say today's Feather blade shave once again proved how sharp this blade truly is. Felt the same this morning, not as smooth, but this evening I can tell something must have been at work here as there is still no stubble evident many hours later. Much different long term feel. And, really no razor burn & no rough feel. That never happens for me with ANY other blade. WOW is all I can say. Not as smooth to me as others. But, certainly the Feather blade has some quality or sharpness that cuts closer than any other blade I have ever used. And, I mean EVER! At 68 yrs old & many, many years wet shaving, with thin old skin & easy bleeding IMHO I don't think you can find a better DE blade. Maybe it's the AS-D2 Feather blade combination, but I find it is about as good as I can find & a shave with no equal---for me. I wish I understood why, but sadly I don't And, as they love to say here: YMMV!!! Some people like the same & routine. I have found over many years that there is so much to learn & try. Why not????

+1. Feathers are very sharp. IME the only problem is that Feathers require more attention than anything else I have tried. 0.2 sec of inattention and I get a weeper or worse! So the jury is still out for me on these blades.

I've tried Feathers for the first time today and it was the smoothest and least-irritation shave I've had with a DE so far.

I think the Feather razors and blades are just meant to go together.

I read so much about them. And, once again I tried. Feather AS-D2 razor. supposedly made for them. And, I have used many different blades with this razor. IMHO the razor is as good as it gets. Great shave with many blades. And, also as bloodless as it gets when your technique may be not as good as some on this site? Very friendly and much better than a cartridge razor. But, I find that 1st use of the feather blade seems to be not as smooth as other blades I have tried & used. Previously, I have said in previous posts that I really like the Treet Black Beauty blades. I still do! The Feel so smooth for me, lots of sound & plenty cheap enough to use once & take a new one next shave. But, I must say today's Feather blade shave once again proved how sharp this blade truly is. Felt the same this morning, not as smooth, but this evening I can tell something must have been at work here as there is still no stubble evident many hours later. Much different long term feel. And, really no razor burn & no rough feel. That never happens for me with ANY other blade. WOW is all I can say. Not as smooth to me as others. But, certainly the Feather blade has some quality or sharpness that cuts closer than any other blade I have ever used. And, I mean EVER! At 68 yrs old & many, many years wet shaving, with thin old skin & easy bleeding IMHO I don't think you can find a better DE blade. Maybe it's the AS-D2 Feather blade combination, but I find it is about as good as I can find & a shave with no equal---for me. I wish I understood why, but sadly I don't And, as they love to say here: YMMV!!! Some people like the same & routine. I have found over many years that there is so much to learn & try. Why not????

I also use Feather Blades with a AS-D2 Razor. Best there is .... end of story ! IMHO

Top Bottom