What's new

Smoking Related Heirlooms

Hi folks, digging about in the garage today and I came across a tin I have had since I was a teenager, searching through it brought back some great memories none more so than we I found these:

proxy.php

I remember getting a few bits and bobs of tools when my Grandfather passed away about 40 years ago some I still use today. I must have popped these in my box and never bothered with them.

I remember him puffing on a pipe at the side of the fire and as I type this I can smell the smoke and see him contended enjoying himself. Got them tucked away again until the next time I'm feeling nostalgic.

Cheers.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Wow...just wow. The only pipe related thing I have from any relatives is my Dad's old basket pipe that he never smoked much.

Can I have the pipe knife? :001_smile

Just kidding...sometimes I'll load Dad's old pipe up with some OTC 'baccy and sit out on the front porch with the critters. Good times.

Nice find.

My dad is still alive so it hardly qualifies as "heirlooms", but I have over twenty of my dad's old pipes. I actually had more, but I got him back into smoking and I returned some of his old favorites to keep him busy when I come over for a bowl.

When one of my grandparents died I was helping clean the attic so the house could be sold and I found an ancient joint that I suspect belonged to my aunt when she was a teenager.

Yup, that's all I can contribute to this thread. :lol:

Very cool find. I have no idea what happened to the couple of pipes my Great Uncle had, but I did have my dad give me the few pipes he had kicking around that he hadn't touched in a very long time. So I picked up several pouches of his fav blend from back then (Middleton's Apple), and once in a while I'll fire that up in the pipe he always smoked it in.

Those are the best treasures a person can ask for. Nostalgic with a personal connection. Magnificent find! I am a sucker for those kinds of things.

My dad is still alive so it hardly qualifies as "heirlooms", but I have over twenty of my dad's old pipes. I actually had more, but I got him back into smoking and I returned some of his old favorites to keep him busy when I come over for a bowl.
Well done! The smoking companionship is worth much more than the "stuff".

Cherries guys, it's not much but it is a bit different and I'm glad to have it.

I drove to Vermont to smoke it ("60's or 70's weed, dude!") with my buddy who had moved there a year before. It wasn't all we smoked. We had a blast but I doubt it contributed any active substance to our enjoyment. Then my parents were pretty unhappy when they found out I had driven to Vermont. :lol:

It was so long ago that a little indiscretion I made around the same time, if anything came of it, could have grown up and made a similar story a couple years ago now.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I drove to Vermont to smoke it ("60's or 70's weed, dude!") with my buddy who had moved there a year before. It wasn't all we smoked. We had a blast but I doubt it contributed any active substance to our enjoyment. Then my parents were pretty unhappy when they found out I had driven to Vermont. :lol:

It was so long ago that a little indiscretion I made around the same time, if anything came of it, could have grown up and made a similar story a couple years ago now.
Great story!

Like Kilroy said, great story. All good memories.

Top Bottom