What's new

Custom made shirt experience

It may just be me but I still prefer the help of a professional when doing my tailoring. A custom shirt or suit needs to fit "just right" specially in the shoulders and collar. I prefer to let people that know what they are doing do their job.
i'm however lucky enough to have the measurements of a store manequin. I can usually buy stuff off the rack and it still looks like it's fitted

I am planning to buy Lavender shirt from BlankLabel $Blank label lavender.jpg

My experience with Natty shirts not so good. It took them four tries to make a shirt to the measurements I entered. They kept on getting things wrong. The first time was close, but they told me their shirts don't shrink so I didn't allow for shrinkage in my measurements. Well, the collar shrank half an inch. But I couldn't wear the shirt open because the cuffs shrank too much to button them. The third remake they sent a shirt in a different, but similar, cloth. They said they made mistakes because they were very busy and still wanted to make sure the shirts were delivered in the quick 7-10 days they promise. If they doubled that time it would still be incredibly fast and they would have more time to pay attention to their work. They aren't being fair to themselves, and on deadlines that tight they can't be treating their workers too well either. Overall it took much longer because it took them 4 tries to make a shirt to the measurements I provided. I was not impressed.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I hope they read that and make changes. We had problems early on with Natty Shirts. We had brand new members jointing and posting glowing reviews . . . almost impossibly positive. We had to ban some of these members when they didn't seem to be here for reasons other than supporting Natty Shirts. Some of the facts we found at the time were a bit worse.

Nothing we found meant they could not be making decent shirts . . . just very aggressive marketing.

I purchased many shirts through Shirt Pal. The did a nice job but at the end they started to mess things up. Extra button holes as if they were doing a french cuff on a shirt ordered with buttons . . .

Next.

Who is doing the custom shirt thing well?

Top Bottom