What's new

Custom made shirt experience

Thanks for posting about this company. Their prices look very reasonable and the styles and colors are what I normally wear.

I've been looking into Bespoke Clothing for about a year now, although I have not purchased anything yet. But until now, I thought I'd have to go all the way to Saville Row in London to get handmade clothing.

I clicked through their website, but I don't see where to input my size requirements ... I know what size I need when I buy clothes off the rack, but if I were getting something custom made, I'd rather let a tailor measure me and then tell me what size to wear. Is that how its done?

Thanks for posting about this company. Their prices look very reasonable and the styles and colors are what I normally wear.

I've been looking into Bespoke Clothing for about a year now, although I have not purchased anything yet. But until now, I thought I'd have to go all the way to Saville Row in London to get handmade clothing.

I clicked through their website, but I don't see where to input my size requirements ... I know what size I need when I buy clothes off the rack, but if I were getting something custom made, I'd rather let a tailor measure me and then tell me what size to wear. Is that how its done?

I would recommend best option is to contact with them by calling or through email.

Need suggestion which of the fabric offered by Nattyshirts color & style is good for summer
$shirts.jpg

I like the Blue striped pattern in lower right hand corner.
It looks like a style that could be worn year-round, not just in summer.

The plaid pattern, second from left in bottom row,
looks like a good hot weather choice, while still remaining classy and conservative.

I ordered five shirts from Nattyshirts couple years ago, and despite the good fit and price, their quality is mediocre. They don't last long enough like Charles Thyrwitt's or Brooks Brothers shirts, shrink after laundry and got some loose stiches. I think Thyrwitt or TM Levin are better shirts in this price range(~$30-50).
Just my $0.02

I received some Magnoli WWII Officer shirts in the post on Monday. One is in Stone & the other is in Olive. The fit is great. I asked for removable collar stays & a tail that was three inched longer than standard. These will go great with the one I have in camel. I also have 4 of his Adventure shirts that are a match for what Indiana Jones wears.

proxy.php

I only use Tom James and Brooks Brothers custom both of which are in the $150 range depending on fabric. Tom James has a trunk show twice a year where custom shirts are only$100 but fabric choices are limited. I find they last 3x as long as the cheaper shirts and look 4x better. In the end they cost the same as cheaper shirts per wear and look 4x better while doing it.

I tell everyone who asks me about suits that you will get your money out of suits and shirts by buying the best you can afford to a point. I don't buy$500 custom shirts but I know plenty of people who do and yes, they look much better than my Brooks Brothers shirts

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
[MENTION=103688]fiftyforfifty[/MENTION]- that's a good looking summer shirt, if I do say so.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Not to rain on your parade, but ...

[rain-on-parade] ... I would have hoped that a shirt like that, especially if it were "custom made" as a one-off at my request, would have the pattern match up on both sides of the placket (the bit in the middle where the buttons & holes are). I also would have hoped for a better job centering the pattern on the collar, but that's a lesser issue for this shirt. Anyhow, a bit jarring (although if you wear a tie, it will not be noticeable ... but of course with this shirt pattern it would be otherwise a great "no tie" shirt.) [/rain-on-parade]

Sorry.

Not that this is a "throw it away or sue nattyshirts" worthy error, but ... we owe it to ourselves here to be honest and critical, to adequately value one maker against another and best allocate our spending dollar. Of course, if you had them make you a solid-colour or white shirt, none of this would have been noticeable at all.

Good observation and subtle point about the collar, I would have never noticed that if you had not called it out.

I did notice the more obvious misaligned placket (word of the day) but wondered if that had more to do with how the shirt was pinned up. As there is enough space under the button hole for things to line up correctly assuming this was because of extra tension due to the pins and packaging.

Not to rain on your parade, but ...

[rain-on-parade] ... I would have hoped that a shirt like that, especially if it were "custom made" as a one-off at my request, would have the pattern match up on both sides of the placket (the bit in the middle where the buttons & holes are). I also would have hoped for a better job centering the pattern on the collar, but that's a lesser issue for this shirt. Anyhow, a bit jarring (although if you wear a tie, it will not be noticeable ... but of course with this shirt pattern it would be otherwise a great "no tie" shirt.) [/rain-on-parade]

Sorry.

Not that this is a "throw it away or sue nattyshirts" worthy error, but ... we owe it to ourselves here to be honest and critical, to adequately value one maker against another and best allocate our spending dollar. Of course, if you had them make you a solid-colour or white shirt, none of this would have been noticeable at all.

Thanks a lot what a wonderful observation, I appreciate your opinion. There was more of a packing error, wearing it make it look okay.

Thanks again.

Good observation and subtle point about the collar, I would have never noticed that if you had not called it out.

I did notice the more obvious misaligned placket (word of the day) but wondered if that had more to do with how the shirt was pinned up. As there is enough space under the button hole for things to line up correctly assuming this was because of extra tension due to the pins and packaging.

You are absolutely right.

Do you really believe you can get « Bespoke shirt » and a perfect « pattern matching » and pay 32USD ? And how much fittings ? Santa Claus, where are you ?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thanks a lot what a wonderful observation, I appreciate your opinion. There was more of a packing error, wearing it make it look okay.

Thanks again.

You are welcome, and I am glad it was more of an optical illusion than poor shirtmaking.

:001_cool:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've had a handful of "custom" shorts made to measure, and it can be a very nice experience. My shoulders are a little out of proportion for my arms, so buying a shirt of the rack often results in me having to deal with tight shoulders (not good) or long sleeves (not as much of a problem). If I can order a "dress shirt" bu collar size and sleeve length, though, I'm usually fine.

Still, it feels great to wear clothing that is fit to more than neck and sleeve.

Top Bottom