What's new

Best Paddle Boarding and Kayaking Locations

Paddle Boarding is one of my favorite hobbies, and I would like to try some new places to do it! All suggestions are welcome!

Places I have been include:

Rockport, Tx - Amazing flat-water paddle boarding that made for a very enjoyable time.

Port Aransas, Tx - Choppy waves in the summer, surfable waves in the winter, somewhat challenging, but fun all-together.

Padre Island National Seashore, Tx - 30mi south of Port A., very strong longshore currents can help you and hurt you.

Wolf Creek/Lake Fryer, Tx - What can I say, its the nearest lake to where I live! Not very pretty, but it'll do.

Comal River, Tx - Very calm blue water, but best to go in the morning before crowds get there!

I would like to add to this list as I stated before, and feel free to include your experiences!

Are you just looking for places around the Texas Coast? How far are you willing to travel?

Nope, thats just where I go on vacation. I actually live about 750 miles north of the coast, so really anywhere in Texas or another state would be great! I probably wouldn't get to travel there any time soon, but it wouldn't hurt to know of places to go in the future.

I have done most of my paddle boarding off the coast of Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and it is great for year round paddling. Conditions vary from glass-like to swells 15 feet high and everything in between. I have seen humpback whales up close and personal, dolphins, seals and a few weeks ago, my first shark.

I saw a whale while paddle boarding this morning. I am no whale expert but, I think it was either a Fin Whale or a a Minke whale. It was about 2 miles off the coast of Redondo Beach and was playing around my board for a good 20 to 25 minutes.

proxy.php

:lol: No but it is fairly rare to see whales this time of year. October through March is the typical whale watching season. That said, I need to get a Go-Pro camera so that I can have it at the ready.

I have seen several pods of dolphins on my Paddle Boarding excursions, but sadly--- I didn't bring my GoPro on any of those trips. It seems like every time that I do bring the camera, I never see anything exciting.

Top Bottom