What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

Post your nagging injury and how you overcome the issue to do or continue your exercise.

I have a reconstructed left ankle that reeks havoc on me. Sometime I just don't want to workout because of it. After a few miles of running I just fight through the pain

$Party5.gif

$tumblr_inline_misxgcP1Gm1qz4rgp.gif

I had reconstructive surgery on my anterior and posterior ligaments in my right knee, surgery that almost killed me. I can't do an awful lot on my right knee now, but still use a cross trainer fairly regularly and do long walks to ensure I don't turn into a couch potato. I just have to minimise impact on the knee and I can do a fair bit :smile:

I have degenerative Osteoarthritis in my neck, shoulders, and also in my spine. Osteoarthritis in both days. There are days when Arthur is on a rampage, those are the days the pain ramps up. Each day there is pain.

I decided to do Yoga and Water Aerobics for exercise. It helps me from getting overly stiff and keeps my joints moving. Yes there are times that I work through the pain.

Yoga and Water Aerobics has been great for me. I would highly recommend both to anyone for their health.

Last edited:
I have degenerative Osteoarthritis in my neck, shoulders in my spine. Osteoarthritis in both days. There are days when Arthur is on a rampage, those are the days the pain ramps up. Each day there is pain.

I decided to do Yoga and Water Aerobics for exercise. It helps me from getting overly stiff and keeps my joints moving. Yes there are times that I work through the pain.

Yoga and Water Aerobics has been great for me. I would highly recommend both to anyone for their health.
What's shoulders in your spine?

chondromalacia patella - anything that requires bending my knees causes pain. It has really put a crimp into making good telemark ski turns.

-jim

I have a lot of lower back pain. I'm going to get an X-ray done soon.

When I first went to the doctor he said no X-ray needed you pulled a muscle but it didn't seem like it. It's been 2 and a half months

When I first went to the doctor he said no X-ray needed you pulled a muscle but it didn't seem like it. It's been 2 and a half months

Did you try a chiropractor? Not to be blunt, but doctors generally know isht about that kind of thing. My ucla Dr told me I would never exercise again, no running or weights, only speed walking, after visually perusing my back and asking a few questions. I was 32 yo. She also said weight training is bad, too much wear and tear.

A week and 5 chiro visits later I was walking pretty pain free, a few months later I had started deadlifting at my chiros orders, and I've done anything I want since then, with the help of my chiro to manage it.

Docs are good when you're in an accident or have some forms of disease. Most know squat about health and fitness.

Did you try a chiropractor? Not to be blunt, but doctors generally know isht about that kind of thing. My ucla Dr told me I would never exercise again, no running or weights, only speed walking, after visually perusing my back and asking a few questions. I was 32 yo. She also said weight training is bad, too much wear and tear.

A week and 5 chiro visits later I was walking pretty pain free, a few months later I had started deadlifting at my chiros orders, and I've done anything I want since then, with the help of my chiro to manage it.

Docs are good when you're in an accident or have some forms of disease. Most know squat about health and fitness.

No never tried one but I am now. So doing deadlift exercise has helped a lot? It didn't mess it up more? Or you did other exercises before starting this?

Two torn rotor cuffs, shin splints, arthritis, tendonitis, and bursitis darn near everywhere. I only walk and do isometrics. It really isn't as bad as it sounds. I watch what I eat and walk 25 miles or so a week.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I can't walk much anymore due to ongoing sciatica. I ride my bike instead. I have zero back pain. Chiropractors have given little results. I bought an inversion table on Monday and I'm using it multiple times throughout the day. Walking has already improved by 10%:001_smile

No never tried one but I am now. So doing deadlift exercise has helped a lot? It didn't mess it up more? Or you did other exercises before starting this?

Good. Like anything, not all chiropractors are equal, hope you're lucky enough to find a good one.

Deadliftin did help a lot. I did 4 months of cardio only after the herniation, but soon got irritated with that, asked my chiropractors, and he recommended Deadliftin. I started with the bar alone, 5 sets of 5, then 10, for around a month, then added 5lbs a week. I always did cardio before my workout, to ensure I was warm, and I always started with just the bar when I started lifting.

After a while I set a goal of running 2 Mikes in 12 minutes on the treadmill, then immediately Deadliftin 405. Random, but a decent level of fitness. I worked up to 355 for 1 rep before deciding it was too risky for my back.

I don't deadlift now, I do kettlebells, and started judo after the injury, earning my black belt recently. All of the above has taught me that the more I strengthen the core, the better my back feels. It's been an 8-9 year process, but I'm getting better and better. I just wish I had done a lot of this much sooner!

I can't walk much anymore due to ongoing sciatica. I ride my bike instead. I have zero back pain. Chiropractors have given little results. I bought an inversion table on Monday and I'm using it multiple times throughout the day. Walking has already improved by 10%:001_smile

Man, good job!

Top Bottom