What's new

Broccoli apple salad

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Last week I posted a pic of some lamb chops I grilled along with some slaw my sister in law made. People wanted the recipe, so here it is.

4 cups of broccoli florets
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1/4 cup of diced red onion
2 large gala apples, chopped
1/2 cup of pecans
1/2 cup of dried cranberries

Dressing
1/2 cup of light mayonaise
1/2 cup of low fat greek yogurt
2 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tbsp of sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp of pepper

Combine the dry ingredients, then stir in the dressing. Chill well, then enjoy.

Attachments

• $slaw.jpg
    $slaw.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 68

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Sounds amazing. Going to make this, thank you!
You're welcome, and I will pass the thanks to my sister in law. She found it, made it for us, and I love it. It seems like a fantastic summertime side dish.

Any chance of getting this put in Recipes?

I believe anyone can put a recipe in that section. I know I have done. It's a Wiki format.

Also, I've made a version of this, but you chop the florets, shred the stalks and the apples. It has a more vinaigrette type of dressing. I'll look around for the recipe. Kind of more of a broccoli-apple slaw.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I believe anyone can put a recipe in that section. I know I have done. It's a Wiki format.

Also, I've made a version of this, but you chop the florets, shred the stalks and the apples. It has a more vinaigrette type of dressing. I'll look around for the recipe. Kind of more of a broccoli-apple slaw.

Yum. I'll be right over. What's that address again?
Bring the beer, I'll supply the hot links :001_smile
That's Owen way of trying to get my attention (and for me to do it).

....I'd be glad to Owen. I'll work on it this afternoon.
Oh, I didn't know anyone could do it. If you don't get it I will do it tomorrow when I get back to work (I've had strep throat)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Do we have any instructions for the Wiki page? I get this error:
  • The current Prefix and Title combination matches another item

On edit: I got it saved, but I seem to have made an error. "Category" comes before the title. Also, can you upload a pic from your computer, or does it have to be linked from the outside? I was going to use the photo above.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Do we have any instructions for the Wiki page? I get this error:
  • The current Prefix and Title combination matches another item

On edit: I got it saved, but I seem to have made an error. "Category" comes before the title. Also, can you upload a pic from your computer, or does it have to be linked from the outside? I was going to use the photo above.

It looks like it's listed twice. One with and without the category in front. I think that may be why there is an error.

Top Bottom