What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

8.2 miles, I think. Strava abandoned me halfway through. Couldn't wait until Sunday for a longer run. Surf was small and weather was stellar! 70-73*/N14/45%. Lowest humidity since God knows when!

Did my first run in a long while(I play soccer on the weekends, so I'm not in terrible shape, but running has never gotten me out of bed so to speak). Short, 1.9 mi but the hills in my neighborhood were kicking my backside. No hills on the pitch, that's for sure. Averaged a 6mi/hr pace and worked up a light lather. Funny thing is, I always feel great the rest of the day after a run, but getting up the motivation has always been difficult. I've set my goal at 10mi a week including my soccer game to start.

5.0 mile trail/mud run. Only 25 yards of muck in the lowest area. One of my favorite places to run.
80/48%/ENE16

Last edited:
Five more trail miles. All of the low places are dry. Plenty of uneven ground due to horse hooves. A bit overgrown in places, but that makes it fun!

Hope you're better Tim! The Monumental Marathon just got a mention on The Weather Channel, but that is Saturday. I'm guessing you didn't plan a 2 race weekend...

Sorry it didn't go as well as you would have liked. Was it being sick earlier this week? How did you feel about the training going in? Looking for pointers for my first half in almost 30 years....

Sorry it didn't go as well as you would have liked. Was it being sick earlier this week? How did you feel about the training going in? Looking for pointers for my first half in almost 30 years....
It was definitely illness. I'm still sick now. Slowed me down by a good 10 minutes. I went for it anyway but slowed terribly as the race progressed. Had I been healthy, I do believe I would have had a solid PR.

When's your race?

Bad timing. You certainly did the work.

I don't run the half until mid-January in Naples. Hoping for no training injuries between now and then. I'm excited to see what I can do, but also to see some elite runners (probably at the halfway mark as they return on the out and back course!).

Top Bottom