What's new

September 2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month's End (GRUME-September)

Good to be back in restraint. I got a few things in August, but I didn't go hog wild -- nothing over $25.
Now it's out of my system, and I have all the necessities. God knows I've got enough soap and cream.

SOTD:
Gillette Slim H4, Spoiler blade
Vie-Long Pony brush (one of the August pickups)
Dettol Fresh cream
Speick splash, followed by Lucky Tiger tonic -- overkill, perhaps, but I like how they work together

Started off the month with:

Razor: GEM Jr.
Blade: PFTE
Soap: Barrister & Mann Leviathan
Brush: Omega 49 boar
AS: Tabac

#22 Two months straight!

1) pbrmhl

2) Pepin
3) Mostho
4) Blade4vor
5) MidnightMatador
6) jfavre08
7) svalcourt
8) Gig103
9) InNae
10) JGUN
11) FoolishMortal
12) bobmsp
13) Rory1262
14) CzechCzar
15) kevdogg329
16) Ericaw
17) Cosmos Mariner
18) BigJ
19) TheVez2
20) Jrock
21) Badger babe
22) Dr J

#22 Two months straight!

1) pbrmhl

2) Pepin
3) Mostho
4) Blade4vor
5) MidnightMatador
6) jfavre08
7) svalcourt
8) Gig103
9) InNae
10) JGUN
11) FoolishMortal
12) bobmsp
13) Rory1262
14) CzechCzar
15) kevdogg329
16) Ericaw
17) Cosmos Mariner
18) BigJ
19) TheVez2
20) Jrock
21) Badger babe
22) Dr J
I don't care what number I am BUT I thought I had number 22. Hmm? As long as I am on the list somewhere I'm good to go.

I don't care what number I am BUT I thought I had number 22. Hmm? As long as I am on the list somewhere I'm good to go.

CBLindsay, yes you are #22. Doctor J, did you sign up before the restraint began last night at midnight?

Oh, hey, it's the 1st - Restraint time!

SOTD
L2 Flare Tip
Generic Israeli Personna (13)
B&B Essential Boar
TOBS Avocado (3017) + NB Signature
WH w/menthol + LT
Stirling Lime ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

CBLindsay, yes you are #22. Doctor J, did you sign up before the restraint began last night at midnight?

I think there might have been one (or more) "I'm in" without a re-posting of the list.

Oh, hey, it's the 1st - Restraint time!

SOTD
L2 Flare Tip
Generic Israeli Personna (13)
B&B Essential Boar
WH w/menthol + LT
Stirling Lime ASB
Pinaud Clubman AS

I think there might have been one (or more) "I'm in" without a re-posting of the list.

Thanks, FooliishMortal. I'll go through the thread tomorrow when I have a real computer, instead of my iPad.

Thanks, FoolishMortal. I'll go through the thread tomorrow when I have a real computer, instead of my iPad.

CBLindsay got bumped from his spot and MidnightMatador didn't post the list. There might be more...

You're welcome, and thanks for taking on the role of leader for this one.

#4 is still in!

SOTD
:
Gillette Adjustable Toggle(F4)@7 - WOW! Careful now!
Wizamet Polsilver(3)
WD HM 24/52mm w/green handle
Shannon's Woodlands Soap
Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Musk

$TLC_Shannons-Woodlands_01sept15.jpg

OK, so here is the list:

1)pbrmhl
2)Pepin
3)Mostho
4)Blade4vor
5)MidnightMatador
6)jfavre08
7)svalcourt
8)Gig103
9)InNae
10)JGUN
11)FoolishMortal
12)bobmsp
13)Rory1262
14)CzechCzar
15)kevdogg329
16)Ericaw
17)Cosmos Mariner
18)BigJ
19)TheVez2 :nono:
20)Jrock
21)Badger babe
22)CBLindsay
23)Doctor J

Doctor J, this is assuming that you completed August and haven't broken any rules since. Basically, it's being assumed that you missed the sign-up and would like to continue into GRUME-September.

Please note that this is being posted with approval of GRUME-September Leader, pbrmhl. I would not post this otherwise.

Sept 2. So far, so good. (But caught myself looking at specs for a new brush!)

Be careful BigJ! Sometimes we are our own worst enemies when it comes to temptation.

Here's a link from the OP to the Wiki How to Survive a Restraint:http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Help:How_to_Survive_a_Restraint

I just reread it myself. Just be careful, I clicked on the "spoiler" button, looked at the picture, and thought to myself, "Wow, that's a lot of aftershave, but he needs more shaving soap!". Yup, more soap. :blushing: It got me thinking about shaving soap. That's temptation sneaking in. Trust me, I don't need any more shaving soap.

If you find yourself slipping, post to this thread. There will probably be one of us logged in.

HANG IN THERE!

SOTD
'45 Triangle Tech
Crystal (11)
Vintage Century Boar
WH w/menthol + LT
Stirling SDM ASB
Dominica Bay Rum AS

I'm already being tempted. I have plenty of blades and yet I'm thinking that I just might need more...but I don't. I'm also having to remind myself not to take a quick trip to my local antique store, where they keep a look-out for shave goods on my behalf, to see if they actually found a Seaforth mug/Slim/Century brush/whatever and have it stashed for me. And I can probably wait to try a slant from Merkur or Razorock. Probably.

<sigh>

Really, I have enough.
I have two favorite razors (with several others on stand-by).
I have enough blades (for the year and beyond).
I have plenty of soaps (so many that I'm trying to 3017 my TOBS so I can re-purpose the container).
I have three favorite brushes in rotation (and really need only two).
I have enough WH, LT, ASB and AS (to last this year and, perhaps, next).
I have enough.
Right?

I was tempted by something on eBay. But I stayed strong. I told myself, there was only one thing I would allow myself to break restraint for, and that wasn't it.

Still in.

I was at a local CVS this afternoon and they happen to have the Aqua Velva Musk a few of you has recommended so I took a test whiff and dab. Meh, it was ok and at the price they had it for easy to resist. Then while driving back to the office I kept getting this whiff of a really nice smell,then it hit me I was smelling the little dab of AV musk. NOT meh, it's nice. Darn good thing I resisted at the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom