What's new

SEptember celebration

I used a Clog Pruf last night to get primed. I plan to use a different SE razor for every day of SEptember.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Jcan88 just sent me a GEM feather weight. I received the package on Aug. 31.

I'll attempt to shave with it tonight at midnight. That's the beginning of September.

I won't say that I am in.

All lined up and ready to go:
$KKG SE.jpg
Top Row:
Schick E2, Schick G1, Schick G3, Schick G4, Schick I1
Bottom Row:
GEM 1912, GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf, GEM Micromatic Open Comb, GEM G-Bar, GEM Featherweight

The 1912 is first up - sentimental favorite - it belonged to my Grandpa. Here's to you, Val! :thumbup1:

Well it depends, if I haven't been able to shave for a couple days I'll go with a more aggressive razor like a OCMM for the first pass and then switch to my Hydro-Magic. If I can stay on schedule I'll use either the H-M or other milder tool.

Here is some of my arsenal for SEptember. There are some additions since the photos were taken

Here is my "B". This is the newest Schick I have and I will be using it to start the month.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Had my first SE razor shave today, Ever-ready Shovelhead
Still making up my mind

Last edited by a moderator:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The 1912 delivered without any issues! Custom handle to match the brush, great combo!

I have enough SE razors to be able to use a different one each day. Not sure which one's I'll use but post I'll post each day what I used. My first day will be a 1902 Star.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I fully intend to get in on SEptember, but today was not the day for my first SE shave. I have a big, first-time meeting going on, today, and I want a good shave.

I fully intend to get in on SEptember, but today was not the day for my first SE shave. I have a big, first-time meeting going on, today, and I want a good shave.
Nothing gives a better shave than an injector. A Gem or other similar SE can also give excellent shaves, but they need a little practice to get the efficient shave angle.

Day 1

A NEW improved........ 1902 Star, Ted Pella coated blade, Shaver Heaven shave creme, and Vanilla Clubman.
First time shaving with the razor. It was surprising in it's mildness. Not bad for a 110+ year old razor.

$20150901_074635.jpg

Had my first SE razor shave today, Ever-ready Shovelhead
Still making up my mind

I highly recommend switching out the handle. I couldn't get used to the tiny, light handle on mine, particularly for head shaving. Pick up a 10-32 setscrew and you can use it with your beloved MR5 handle. I picked up a standard steel one at the hardware store, but it rusted and stained my handle a little over time. I would try to get a stainless steel one if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom