What's new

New Razorock Sivertip Badger Brushes

I bought one. My first badger brush. I have several Semogues and a Muhle XL STF V2. Curious to see how this one face lathers...

It is interesting to see lower priced silvertips enter the market. Frank also sells one in that price range. I would be interested in hearing from someone who can compare it to the high end brushes like Simpson and Shavemac.

Damn, I told myself I did not need any new brushes. But if that's basically a Simpson Chubby for 1/4 of the price, I may have to. Problem is, I only have a few hours (minutes) to decide before it's out of stock!

I am inclined to believe what Joe says about this brush as I have the RR Baby Smooth and it's everything he said it was. I also have the new formulation SMN Crema da Barba and if his SMdF is basically the same, which I'm sure it is, then people are raving about it for good reason.

I have the ivory version with the Zenith logo. The knot is nice, but is more similar to a best badger feel than a luxurious silvertip in my opinion. The brush does represent an excellent value, but nowhere near as dense as a Chubby (which is a good thing for some of us). :thumbup1:

I have the ivory version with the Zenith logo. The knot is nice, but is more similar to a best badger feel than a luxurious silvertip in my opinion. The brush does represent an excellent value, but nowhere near as dense as a Chubby (which is a good thing for some of us). :thumbup1:

Pics? :thumbup1:

The handles aren't doing anything for me... plus there are plenty of well reviewed brushes in that price range. I'd wait for some independent reviews before taking the manufacturers word for how excellent their brush is!

That black handled one is tempting me... I just got the Stirling Synthetic and am trying to convince myself I need this!

Both of those are made by Zenith. The box and code are the same as Zenith's. Here is one review.

$$_57 (1).jpg$$_57.jpg$IMG_20150814_185516.jpg

He has them on sale for a really good price.

Last edited:
Here is my Zenith 505AK
$01144622.jpg

Here next to two familiar brushes:
$01144624.jpg$01144625.jpg

Here again next to two similarly priced brushes:
$01144626.jpg$01144627.jpg

My Zenith has a 28mm knot set at a 55mm loft. The density is a bit lower than even the entry level Simpson brushes, but I would still consider it moderately dense and definitely not sparse. The backbone is easily sufficient to face lather hard soaps with, though I think those that prefer a scrubby experience would be disappointed. The tips provide zero scritch but are not as soft as any of the other brushes pictured. I would say that it is softer than you're median Simpsons Best, but not quite as soft as the top level Simpsons Best. I have culled several dozen Simpsons Best brushes, keeping only the cream of the crop as I am very picky about what I keep in my collection. I do not know how consistent the hair is from Zenith, but if this is any indication I would easily recommend a purchase to those looking for a large (and heavy) brush that is easily capable of all lathering methods. The quality of this Zenith brush is very high making it an attractive alternative to the Chinese made brushes and an excellent value overall.

Top Bottom