What's new

New Razorock Sivertip Badger Brushes

Can anyone comment on how this compares to a Seville Row 24mm Silver Tip? I was about to buy a seville row when I came across these. Its half the cost...

I ordered the black-handled version on Saturday and received it on Monday. I don't have any experience reviewing brushes, but I'll share a few thoughts.

This is a really big knot. I gave it a shampoo and a test lather and noticed that the rinse water was clear, the new badger smell wasn't so strong and the brush lathered very easily. The knot is fairly dense, though less so than my Duke 3. In terms of softness, out of the box I'd rate it closer to a Simpsons best. Unlike a Simpsons, there is a noticable glue bump at the base of the knot that is maybe a centimeter or less high (I didn't measure it). The brush lost one hair during the initial shampoo and none since.

At this point, I've shaved with it only twice, but already it releases lather pretty well so I'd say that's a good sign. It splays quite easily on the face without being floppy and feels really good against the face; absolutely no prickliness or skritch. Again, this is a big knot, and when splayed it covers a lot of face, but feels, to me, great. IMO it has just enough friction to let you know it is there without being scratchy; just don't expect gel tips.

Overall, for the price, this is a deal. I'm glad I have it and look forward to my next shave with it

Oh Panther! Surely you have room for one more brush. It's only a tiny little thin one; it's only wafer thin!

I have the ivory version with the Zenith logo. The knot is nice, but is more similar to a best badger feel than a luxurious silvertip in my opinion. The brush does represent an excellent value, but nowhere near as dense as a Chubby (which is a good thing for some of us). :thumbup1:

I also have the 28mm ivory version with the Zenith logo. I'm not sure of the variation of the knots, but mine is actually as soft as my Kent BK8. It is a very dense brush and I like the knot as much as some of my brushes costing 2 or 3 times as much. I liked it so much that I purchased the Razorock version as a gift for a friend. The Razorock brush is 28mm and is just as dense but even though listed as silvertip, it is not as soft as my Zenith logo brush. Both brushes are very dense and have plenty of backbone. The Razorock brush seems a little more like best badger although the appearance is the same. I did pay $15 more for the Zenith branded brush so maybe there is a difference in the knot quality or maybe Joe just gets better pricing. Anyway, both of these brushes are well made and both would be good for both face lathering and bowl lathering.

Love my RR Chubby Silvertip. Definitely softer than my Simpsons Chubby 1 Best. This brush is a face lathering machine!

$RR.jpg

No don't stop. Just think how disappointed you WILL be when everyone else has one and is raving about them and you missed out 😢

I also have the 28mm ivory version with the Zenith logo. I'm not sure of the variation of the knots, but mine is actually as soft as my Kent BK8. It is a very dense brush and I like the knot as much as some of my brushes costing 2 or 3 times as much. I liked it so much that I purchased the Razorock version as a gift for a friend. The Razorock brush is 28mm and is just as dense but even though listed as silvertip, it is not as soft as my Zenith logo brush. Both brushes are very dense and have plenty of backbone. The Razorock brush seems a little more like best badger although the appearance is the same. I did pay $15 more for the Zenith branded brush so maybe there is a difference in the knot quality or maybe Joe just gets better pricing. Anyway, both of these brushes are well made and both would be good for both face lathering and bowl lathering.

man now you have me curious i have the ivory rr version but would love a bit softer knot (please note the rr knot is still a very nice knot i just love crazy soft hair) just dont know if i can justify buying another ivory to find out lol.

edit: checked with joe and he said the hair is exactly the same.

Last edited:
man now you have me curious i have the ivory rr version but would love a bit softer knot (please note the rr knot is still a very nice knot i just love crazy soft hair) just dont know if i can justify buying another ivory to find out lol.

edit: checked with joe and he said the hair is exactly the same.

After reusing mine it is definitely better than a good batch of Simpson Best, might be up there with a good Simpson Super, but I think Kent (or Thater, Shavemac Silvertip, etc.) might be pushing it. It really reminds me of a much less dense and higher lofted Chubby 2 Super that I sold off, of course I found the Chubby way too dense so would actually prefer this brush between the two.

Top Bottom