What's new

Another, different 3D printed brush

One of my friends and I have been playing around with 3D prints lately and attempting to do some design work. I of course immediately started designing shaving gear. I modeled a few different brushes and through trial and error arrived at a classic, vintage design that prints well and feels good in the hand.

Here is the render of it:
$refined_shave_brush_preview_featured.jpg

Here is the finished print:
$20150813_185535.jpg

For size comparison, here it is next to my buddy's Klenzo and Omega brushes:
$download_20150813_193547.jpg

Here it is all assembled:
$7ElFgePh.jpg

The knot is an Ace Shaving 20mm black badger from eBay. I had the hole for the knot set at 21mm which was too tight. I'll be making a revision to make the handle a bit bigger and open the hole up to 22mm or 22.5mm. Going to de-funk it tonight and give it it's maiden voyage in the morning.

Last edited:
Very cool! What type of material is used for this 3D printing? Would love to see the printing in auction. May be you can post a video?

Very cool! What type of material is used for this 3D printing? Would love to see the printing in auction. May be you can post a video?
The material used is ABS plastic, but sorry I don't have a video of it.

Is that on Thingiverse?

It is, but I'm going to be making some changes to the design in the coming week. After using it today I found a few shortcomings.

I'm a sucker for gadgets and new technology and would love to have a 3D printer, but can't afford one. That brush handle looks completely cool.

Top Bottom