What's new

Happy momma's day

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Let's not forget to set aside a few moments to recognize this most important day and attempt to be gentleman for a short time. I hope you all gave your better halves the royal treatment this morning (a couple of perfectly poached eggs can go a long way toward resolving that unfortunate lawnmower/flowerbed incident) and made sure her serving tray (she did get breakfast in bed, didn't she?) was devoid of splinters. I even let mine sleep an extra fifteen minutes. :thumbup1: Remember, this is all about her, so make sure she doesn't find the kitchen towel you cleaned up with after preparing freshly squeezed pomegranite juice until tomorrow.

I trust that you all have prepared a suitable dinner for tonight, even if it means watching a chick movie afterwards. It's a small price to pay for the endless joy, direction, and guidance they provide.

And happy mother's day to all!:smile:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Some words about mothers...

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

Woman in the home has not yet lost her dignity, in spite of Mother's Day, with its offensive implication that our love needs an annual nudging, like our enthusiasm for the battle of Bunker Hill. ~John Erskine

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ~Cliff Clavin :wink:

Happy Mother's Day.

I gave up half of my weekend with my son so he can spend the day with his mother. Meanwhile, I've got some homemade almond sorbetto in the ice cream maker right now that I'll bring over to my mom when it's ready. (And hopefully it won't spike her blood sugar too badly; I always feel a little bit guilty making her something sweet.)

Mom and I went to see Speed Racer at the new IMAX theater and then found a Mexican place we hadn't been to before that turned out to be pretty darn good. Have half of my roast pork Chimichanga left for dinner!

I am currently in the process of making for my wife (the mother of my kids):

Steamed Lobster
Roasted Ranch dressed potatoes
Steamed Asparagus

Champagne

Top Bottom