What's new

Is there a difference in Gillette Platinum

proxy.php
proxy.php

Does anyone know if there is a difference between these 2 blades. One has writing in the top right corner, other than that they are the same.

I shaved with a Gillette Platinum this morning and the shave was magical. I have been looking around for these and I have found these two different packages. I just don't know if one Platinum is made in Russia and another made in Germany or Israel or something like that.
Thanks

Last edited:
Don't the boxes say where they are made? The ones on the left are made in the St. Pete plant and say that on the box. I haven't seen the ones on the right, but check the box. It should say if they're made in St. Pete.

I don't have both. I'm trying to buy some and all I can find are the ones with the writing in the corner. I'm slightly suspicious.

There is a Romanian seller on the bay. I have not purchased any Gillette Platinum blades from them, but I believe some other members have, and without issues (except for the shipping time). Perhaps someone will chime in and confirm that they carry the non-Arabic version.

Ebay is where I'm looking. I just can't confidently buy them and for that reason I think I may pass. I'm fishing for some in the Gentlemanly deals forum but nothing yet. I just fell in love with them after shaving with them recently and I don't want to shave with anything else. I have enough for about a month but after that it will be back to my 7 O'clock yellows, 7 O'clock blacks and Gillette Silver Blues which are fine blades but nothing has been quite like the Gillette Platinum. I'm on a quest.

I have never bought that particular blade from him, several other brands and a couple of brushes. I only mentioned it as a reference that I find him to be a reputable seller.

Gotcha. I'll give him a shot.

Hey, does anyone know if the Gillette Platinum is discontinued? I seem to have read some information saying that it is a discontinued blade which would make sense considering how difficult it is to find. I have only seen one online retailer that has some and I imagine they just bought several and are running their stock out. Any insight?

Gotcha. I'll give him a shot.

Hey, does anyone know if the Gillette Platinum is discontinued? I seem to have read some information saying that it is a discontinued blade which would make sense considering how difficult it is to find. I have only seen one online retailer that has some and I imagine they just bought several and are running their stock out. Any insight?

I Just ordered 50 from Tryablade.com

He has them in stock

EDIT: His stock is from the St. Pete plant as well

Last edited:
Top Bottom