What's new

My you guys.The Schick Injector

Yes, yes, I am relatively new to the wet shaving scene. I love my DE razors, I do. However, I may have run into a bit of a revelation, and I may have trouble going back.

I bought this nice Eversharp Schick Injector razor about a month ago. I hadnt used it because I was so unsure of it. Well, tonight, I decided to take the plunge.

To make a long story short, I was mindblown. It was so smooth with zero irritation, even with my sensitive skin. I am in love with this thing. Anyone else find the injector to be as incredible as I find it?

Last edited:
I've been wanting to try an injector razor, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I did bid on the schick stick with the shift knob but alas I got sniped.:mad3:

There are many of us who love injector razors, and it is a mystery to me that so few people have heard of them. When I was a young man (admittedly a looong time ago) injectors were second only to DEs in common use. They are highly refined shaving tools which can do everything well, are intuitive and easy to use, are friendly and forgiving, are light and easy to maneuver, and the blades are excellent and last a long time. They are easy to find, and when found are generally inexpensive.

There's really a lot to like about injector razors.

One thing I love is the width of the razor head. It fits on my neck under the jawline so well. Just hate how pricey the blades can be.

One thing I love is the width of the razor head. It fits on my neck under the jawline so well. Just hate how pricey the blades can be.
You should run the numbers...the number of shaves you can get with the injector blades is pretty impressive, so on a $/shave basis, they are very good. I don't track closely, but I know I get at least 10-15 shaves per blade from the Chicks that I use. And others have reported many more, some 50+ :blink:

Last edited:
Just chiming in to mention that I used to shave with an Injector back before it was cool. :thumbup1: This was years ago, back before I switched to electrics to avoid ingrown hairs. I didn't realize it was anything special and a classic razor until I started reading B&B a few weeks ago when getting into DE shaving. I now think my past ingrown hair problems were caused more by bad technique than the razors. I'm really digging my DE shaving now, but if my old Injector ever turns up (after years of using electrics and several moves I have no idea where it is or if I even still have it) I would give it a spin.

YMMV of course :thumbup1:. If electric shavers work for you without causing irritation or ingrowns, I consider you to be a lucky gent.

They did do the trick for me, after a few initial days of irritation just from changing shaving methods. But I always missed wet shaving with a blade, so I consider myself luckier that I have found ways to return to that, thanks in large part to the wisdom from you fine gents here at B&B!

I came here (to this site) several years ago to research DE shaving, 6 months ago I bought a Schick injector from what used to be BST...6 months and 10 razors later, I haven't looked back!

I bought a Schick G a few months ago, along with some Personna blades, but I haven't tried it yet. No idea if the Personna blades are OK, I think I bought them because they were on the site where I order DE blades.

You should run the numbers...the number of shaves you can get with the injector blades is pretty impressive, so on a $/shave basis, they are very good. I don't track closely, but I know I get at least 10-15 shaves per blade from the Chicks that I use. And others have reported many more, some 50+ :blink:
I got 30+ shaves out my Chick's and about 25 from Personna PTFE

Injectors are fine instruments.

I started using mine a lot more after reading a thread on how good they were. I had forgotten, although I had used them in the past.

Did you notice any difference between the two blades in terms of performance (apart from durability)?

I personally don't get anything near what some people seem to get with any Injector blade....I have got 6 four pass shaves at most out of any injector blade and maybe 8 with three pass shaves with a Chinese Schick or NOS Blade....I wont get anything like that with current personna Blades which I find are only fine for milder injectors anyway....:001_cool:.

Billy

Top Bottom