What's new

Finally broke down and bought a Heljestrand.

After collecting a room full of razors over the last couple of years I finally ran across a Helje in pretty good shape that I didn't have to pawn my wedding ring to buy. The scale on the non-show side is broken so I made a sweet deal on it. After some new shoes and a hone, I will get to see what all the fuss is about. After hearing the accolades of 'Heespharm' 'Polarbeard' and a few others, I have been tempted more than once to pull the trigger on one of these.

It has no model #s, only what you see.

I have a feeling by the tone of your post, it won't live up "to all the fuss." But that's just me, prove me wrong, I dare you [emoji6]

Last edited:
My Heljestrand more than lives up to the hype and all the fuss.
They are one fantastic razor!
Enjoy!

Pete <:-}

Thanks gents. I'm looking forward to re-scaling and shaving with this beauty. I will post a review then.

@Royce, so far all of my straight razors have lived up to "all the fuss", "all the fuss" is to justify trying another razor. LOL

I'm already supporting a Boker, Dorko, Dovo, Henckels, Filly, Vintage Sheffield & German, etc. habit. If I get hooked on Swedish blades, I am in real trouble.

The razor looks pretty cool, I'm not familier with the fuss surounding the razor as Im not too clued up on straights......yet anyways haha.
Enjoy the razor!

Heljes are my favourite! ...though almost every razor I've shaven with/own is a helje so I haven't compared them much to other brands... hehe :p
Well well, hope you like it, it looks beautiful!

Thanks gents. I'm looking forward to re-scaling and shaving with this beauty. I will post a review then.

@Royce, so far all of my straight razors have lived up to "all the fuss", "all the fuss" is to justify trying another razor. LOL

I'm already supporting a Boker, Dorko, Dovo, Henckels, Filly, Vintage Sheffield & German, etc. habit. If I get hooked on Swedish blades, I am in real trouble.

Yes, I hear you. It's a sickness for sure though lots of fun. Heljes are a perfect example of understated beauty and simplistic form imo. You don't see goldwash, spine work, or ornate scales (though tortoise and ivory is as about as ornate as you can get in my mind, but you know what I mean) just pure craftsmanship in the way they perform in your hand, on the hone, and on your face. I only own two Heljes as of this date and they are my favorite razors next to my Filis, no doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom