What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Stefano and Steve, I will be joining you for some great Italian shaves this year as my brother who visited Milano last month brought me back some great products.:001_smile

Great to have you on board with us! Sweet stuff there!

Last edited by a moderator:
​
Week 27 Day 6

The best Italian fougere shave. A classy shave and great end.
My love for Saponificio Varesino is well known. Felce Aromatica is the best fougere in Italy.
This is a v4.0 version developed with the collaboration of us, members of Italian shaving forum ilrasoio.com.
So not the latest version but still incredible for scent and performance. It's an addictive performance.
Going today to use my favorite Sheffield straight. The John Blyde the Genius. Sweet and smooth as silk.
Again today as most days of my life I go with an Omega brush. Today I'm going with the 21762 Italian Flag.
A classy and classic end with the excellent Fine American Blend and a little Balm from Collistar.

Pre: Proraso White Preshave
Brush: Omega Italian Flag
Razor: John Blyde the Genius
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
AS: Fine American Blend Splash and Collistar Balm

EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver de la Reunion

Music: Space Squid - Bill Stewart

proxy.php

​
Week 27 Day 7

A great classy shave
Today great classy shave with Ben Franklin, a soap from Stirlingthat Steve gifted to me.
Fantastic scents and fantastic performance.I cant ask for better.
I loaded for (too) many passes and the lather was always luxurious. Plus my skin is relaxed and soft. I'm very happy.

Proraso Omega brush is a stout soft brush. Loaded at the fullest gave me a wonderful lather.
A staple of my shave den

I went for a mild shave and the Co.Ci.Na razor with the sharp Dorco St-301 was gliding and shaving effortlessly.

Spicy end shave and great feelings. Thanks to Old Spice splash and the Collistar balm.

Pre: Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Co.Ci.Na
Blades: Dorco ST-301 (2)
Soap: Stirling Ben Franklin
AS: Old Spice Aftershave and Collistar Balm

EDT: L'Erbolario Corteccia
Music: Musica Nuda

proxy.php

Absolutely a great team Rory

And me in hurry today and tomorrow because I'm,going to spearfishing

Week 28 Day 1

Saturday is a rose shave dedicated to my son.
I added a bit of freshness first a different shave.

Spearfishing so I can't write for more.

Pre: Proraso Green Preshave
Brush: Omega Hi-brush Barberpole
Razor: Muhle R89 Rose Gold
Blades: Dorco ST-301 (3)
Soap: GFT Rose
AS: Floid Blue and Collistar Balm

EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver
Music: Deezer Flow

proxy.php

​
Week 27 Day 6

The best Italian fougere shave. A classy shave and great end.
My love for Saponificio Varesino is well known. Felce Aromatica is the best fougere in Italy.
This is a v4.0 version developed with the collaboration of us, members of Italian shaving forum ilrasoio.com.
So not the latest version but still incredible for scent and performance. It's an addictive performance.
Going today to use my favorite Sheffield straight. The John Blyde the Genius. Sweet and smooth as silk.
Again today as most days of my life I go with an Omega brush. Today I'm going with the 21762 Italian Flag.
A classy and classic end with the excellent Fine American Blend and a little Balm from Collistar.

Brush: Omega Italian Flag
Razor: John Blyde the Genius
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
AS: Fine American Blend Splash and Collistar Balm
EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver de la Reunion
Music: Space Squid - Bill Stewart
I had to post when I saw a very nice straight and my favorite Saponificio Varesino brand soap. They are all my favorite because I don't mind which one I'm using, as long as I'm using one.

I'm still around and checking even though I have not posted recently. I hope to start posting again soon. I've had a few health issues that are still ongoing, with some days better than others.

Did members of Italian shaving forum ilrasoio.com collaborate on the scent only, or on the formula too?

Starting today a BayRum week!
From today to Friday the Bay Rum stuff you like plus something Italian. As always. Feel free to enjoy and contribute to all!

​
Week 28 Day 3

A little dab of Proraso White Preshave so to freshen the skin.
I think it's a good way to start!

Stirling BayRum is great soap with a fantastic scent. It is on my top 3 of Stirling and on top shelf allover.

Omega S-brush is the future. Believe it or not. It's a great performer and I love it for its big knot.

The synthetic version of one of the great, if not the greatest boar of the world, the #49

Gillette Super Speed the great razor with a great Gillette blade. Oh what a razor!

Pinaud BayRum AS is jumped straight on my top splashes because its BayRum scent. Collistar Balm matches.

Brush: Omega S-brush #49
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blades: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Soap: Stirling Soaps BayRum
AS: Pinaud BayRum / Collistar Balm Sensitive
Music: Prelude To A Kiss - Nnenna Freelon

proxy.php

Call for a short but important trip.
I think I will delay this BayRum week

OK, we will pick up next week! I did have a bay rum shave today...

Pre: Simple warm water and facial soap wash
Brush: B&B/Omega Essential Boar
Razor: Gillette Adjustable ("Fatboy"), set on 5
Blades: Personna Super Comfort Coated ("Lab/Blue")
Soap: Colonel Ichabod Conk Bay Rum
AS: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

On travel I'm posting this morning shave before leaving.
On travel I'm with Proraso Green.

Week 28 Day 4

A little dab of Proraso Red Preshave so to have a bit if sandalwood.

Barrister and Mann BayRum is great soap. I'm always mesmerized by this soap. Fantastic under any aspect.
And this Bay Rum is a great one, complex and classy.

Omega #49 the unforgettable one. It could be the only brush of my shave den easily.

Fatip Grande Gold did a good job this morning thanks also the sweet Ladas blades
Pinaud BayRum AS and Stirling Soaps BayRum Balm. Like All Stars on my face.

Pre: Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Omega #49
Razor: Fatip Grande Gold
Blades: Ladas (4)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
AS: Pinaud BayRum / Stirling BayRum

SOTD 17 February 2016

Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off / W28D5
http://bit.ly/1J1AVOz

Come with us and propose your Italian shave off feedback, opinion, theme or idea.
http://bit.ly/1J1AVOz
#BadgerandBlade

Week 28 Day 5.

In travel for a while. A rescue trip. A good shower and a good shave to start right the morning.

Proraso Green Soap in quantity taken from the travel format. Same fantastic quality in half space.
Feeling so good after three rich passes with a great performing lather.
Proraso is home for me.

Omega S100005 This soft and wonderful brush excellent for any day. Shines in travel. Synthetic boar rules.

Co.Ci.Na razor and Astra. Sharp blade and mild razor. What wonderful matching.

L'erbolario Periplo Balm. Wonderful all Italian organic post shave serum for a moisturizing shave.

Pre:
Brush: Omega S100005
Razor: Co.Ci.Na il Soldatino Razor
Blades: Astra SP (1)
Soap: Proraso Green Tub
AS: L'erbolario Periplo Balm
Music:

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

Week 28 Day 6

In travel for a while. A rescue trip. A good shower and a good shave to start right the morning.

Proraso Green Soap
The performance was surprisingly over the top.
Fresh tonic and relaxed skin. I feel proud of our Italian gem.

Omega S100005 today I was thinking about it as the best synthetic candidate of my shave den.

Co.Ci.Na razor and Astra. Sharp blade and mild razor. Stunning shave perfect for a rainy day.

L'erbolario Periplo Balm. Again and I finished the sample. I think know I'd like to buy it. So good to leave it.

Pre:
Blades: Astra SP (2)
AS: L'erbolario Periplo Balm
Music:

proxy.php

I am a slacker staying up to date on my shaves! My SOTD...

Pre: Shower, face wash, and pre shave using shaving soap "bloom" water.
Brush: Semogue 2030B
Razor: '59 Gillette "Fatboy"
Blade: Personna "Lab"(3)
Soap: PannaCrema San Francesco
AS: Old Spice Classic

I learned again today how wonderful and close a shave can be after skipping a day. I was off from work with a nasty cold yesterday and didn't feel much like shaving. That left me with 48 hours of stubble today. I did a little extra pre shave today with the delicious PannaCrema bloom water and a thick face lather with the Semogue boar. I set the Fatboy on 6 and went after my grizzled face for a near BBS shave. The PannaCrema San Francesco soap is an intriguing scent of sandalwood, incense and spice. I followed with a liberal splash of Old Spice. A very nice shave!

Happy Friday! My SOTD...

Pre: Shower, face wash.
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip badger
Razor: '59 Gillette "Fatboy"
Blade: Personna "Lab"(4)
Soap: PannaCrema Ebano
AS: Witch Hazel, Master Challenge

SOTD 19/2/2016

Week 28 Day 6

Proraso Green Soap. Third day of excellent shave.
So fresh so nice so happy to shave like Home.

Omega S100005 third day in a row. I'm thinking why I Don't use it more! It's so nice!

Co.Ci.Na razor and Astra. Sharp blade and mild razor. Perfect combo for perfect shave

L'erbolario Assenzio Balm. Another surprise from L'erbolario.

Pre:
Blades: Astra SP (3)
AS: L'erbolario Assenzio Balm
Music:

proxy.php

Greetings Amicos! After a detour last week we are announcing a Bay Rum focus during the week of February 22-28. Bay Rum is definitely not of Italian origin or even popular in Italy but in the spirit of "intercontinental" sharing we wanted to make tribute to all things Bay Rum for a few days. So, if you are following the thread and would like to add to the discussion please share this week about your bay rum shave soap or aftershave preferences. We will be using and commenting on our favorites through the week. Here's a toast of "rum" to you!

What we know about bay rum is that it originated in the West Indies, likely the Virgin Islands and other places. Some history...
It is a distillate that was originally made in Saint Thomas "and probably other WestIndian islands" from rumand the leaves and/or berries of the West Indian bay tree, Pimentaracemosa. Other ingredients may be citrus and spiceoils, the most common being limeoil, oilof cloves and cinnamon.It was first made fashionable in NewYork[SUP][[/SUP] and other American cities before it was available inEurope.
All bay rum aftershaves have different ingredients but most share a basic list of bay tree oil, alcohol, bay tree oil, and some mixture of spices usually clove and cinnamon. Some include some citrus oil. All of those are classic "bay rum" given the history of the origin from the 1800's. Every manufacturer has their own recipe I suppose and there is wide variation of scents.

The history and origin of bay rum is interesting... http://www.penhaligons.com/blog/a-history-of-bay-rum/ or http://www.stjohnsbayrum.com/pages/h...-johns-bay-rum

Top Bottom