What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

SOTD 15/6/16

Oscar's Preshave Oil is the choice of good shaving buddies. This great Preshave oil can makes the difference.

Pacific Shaving cream was a gift from a US shaving buddy. This is a great cream as promised from our buddy.
Pacific Shaving is really good on skin and having a gentle scent plus a great performance I can only highly recommend it.

Omega #10108 in #S-Brush is another winner. Sharing the same excellent loft from bigger brothers but in a gripper handle.

Friodur is the straight razor of today. Great as usual but I don't know how it's the most refreshed Razor of mine

After shave treatment is great a fresh doped Proraso splash and the I coloniali Mango balm. Fresh soft and relaxed skin.

Pre: Oscar's Oil Signature
Brush: Omega #10108 S-Brush
Razor: Friodur 72

Soap: Pacific Shaving Cream
AS: Proraso Green Splash / I Coloniali Mango balm

Music: Jazz Goes Soul/R&B from Rick - North America Deezer Editor
EDT: L'Erbolario Corteccia

proxy.php

SOTD 16 June 2016
Week 46 Day 5

​
The month of June will be a Straight Razors Month for me!
Today another round with Universal Shavette, stilla straight indeed.

About today Im starting with a fresh nd spicy home made pre shave oil, based on Bay Rum essential oil. Hot!

Barriste and Mann is a fine soap maker and makes stunning scents. this Bay Rum i sky high nonetheless.
I love this soap and its a staple of my shaving den. A great classic that can miss any serious wet shaver

Omega #10048 in #S-Brush as exceptional as its boar brother. The best boar in the world meets here the best synth in the world.

Today I need a close shave that can last until night. Well Universal Shavette the barbers choice plus a Derby blade and game over whiskers

My classic Bayrum matching: a classic Pinaud VIBR splash and the wonderful Stirling Soap BAyrum Balm. I feel so good.

Pre: Home Made Bay Rum Oil
Brush: Omega #10048 S-Brush
Razor: Universal Whole Blade Shavette
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Soap: Barristerr And Mann BayRum
AS: Pinaud VIBR Splash / Stirling Soap Bayrum Balm

Music: Hopeful - Electro Deluxe

proxy.php

Have a wonderful shave and a fresh day to all gents!

Prep: splash of hot water on face
Lather: L&L Grooming Marshlands
Brush: Omega 40033 "Mighty Midget" (with added O-Rings)
Razor: Ever-Ready "New Improved" 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless [38]
Finish: Homemade Bay Rum of Unknown Parentage

My Homemade Bay Rum of Unknown Parentage has made a dramatic transformation with yesterday's addition of more Pimenta Racemosa essential oil and a menthol crystal. It's more Bay Rum-y, but the menthol effect is completely weird. The balm-y nature of the product means the menthol doesn't actually freeze your face at all, but still makes your eye water as the volatiles evaporate.

Thursday SOTD. Quick shave today. Just one Italian item.

Prep: Just a face wash and a little soap bloom water while loading.
Lather: PannaCrema Lavandatto.
Brush: Whipped Dog silvertip badger.
Razor: '56 Gillette Super Speed Heavy ("Red Tip")
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (2).
Finish: Witch Hazel w/ lavender oil.

Even a simple and rushed shave can produce a fine result. For me, its all about good products I am comfortable and adept at using.

Friday's SOTD. Going to be warm today so going for a cool shave.

Prep: Shower and a little soap bloom water while loading.
Lather: Mystery soap, a puck of what I believe is some minty Stirling Soap in my Old Spice mug! Wish I could remember what it is.
Brush: Omega 80266 boar.
Razor: '56 Gillette Super Speed Heavy ("Red Tip")
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3).
Finish: Proraso green splash and ASB.

Close, comfortable, and cooling shave to set me for the day. Aaaah!

SOTD 17 June 2016
Week 46 Day 6
​
The month of June will be a Straight Razors Month for me!

Today a great all Italian Blu shave. Inspired by Omega Via Barberia and from italian pride.

Via Barberia Acqua is a fine new soap from this wonderful line. Slick and moisturizing, with a fine aquatic cologne scent.
Probably a bit stronger scent would make this perfect. Performance wise is already perfect no side notes, really!
This Via Barberia is now a must have for every wet shaving den. Highly recommended.

Omega Babrbpole Hi-Brush is as great as cool looking. The loft is a great balance between softness and backbone.
The handling is perfect thanks to the hi quality resin, heavy and balanced. Oozing quality on the handmade italian brush

The rare Garibaldi straight razor is the one for today. Sweet shaver, not so big so also very handy. My Grail, My razor.

Ending with the most surprising product form Via Barberia. The Skin Serum. Only few drops and the skin is sooooft! Unbelievable.

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: Omega Babrerpole Hi-Brush
Razor: Garibaldi
Blade:
Soap: Via Barberia Aquae Shaving Cream
AS: Via Barberia Aquae After Shave Skin Serum

Music: On the Go - Matthew Halsall
EDT: L'Erbolario Fresca EssenzA

proxy.php

First day of summer... Yes I go for a warm Sandalwood scent

SOTD 21 June 2016
Week 47 Day 3
​
The fantastic Italian Sandalwood shave

Today a double Preshave. My home made Bayrum Preshave oil and the Proraso Red Sandalwood Preshave. Powerful but fantastic.

Lovely true Sandalwood scent for the richest soap in Proraso line. This is the best Sandalwood shaving soap of the world.

The Omega 49 red handle like the passion
The greatest boar of all on a fancy comfortable handle.

Today universal Shavette loaded with a very ikd Bolzano blade. Incredibile close and comfortable shaving.

Ending great with the Supreme Floid the Genuine and a touch of Mango Butter from Saponificio Varesino.

Pre: Home Made Bayrum Preshave oil and Proraso Red
Brush: Omega 48
Razor: Universal Whole Blade
Blade: Bolzano (?)
Soap: Proraso Red Sandalwood
AS: Floid the Genuine / Mango Butter from Saponificio Varesino

Music:

proxy.php

Lather: Omega Via Barberia Herbae
Brush: Omega 50068 "Bambino"
Razor: Gillette Old Type "Thick Cap" (Made in Canada)
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [108]
Balm: Omega Via Barberia Herbae Serum

Stefano seems to prefer his large brushes, while I prefer brushes in the 20-22mm range, so today, I shaved with an 18mm brush and loaded from the tiny sample tin. It held just enough lather for 3 full passes.

Still amazed by the Via Barberia Serum.

proxy.php

SOTD 22 June 2016
Week 47 Day 4
​
Today the best Preshave of all, just a long warm shower with my home made soaps. I can challenge anyone.

The Saponificio Varesino Cosmo is a world apart.
Complex scent as no other, lather like no other and protect as a face cream. This is about the best shaving soap of the world IMO bar none

Omega 6783.Y it's a surprising one great quality pure badger in a great handle. I love this brush.

King straight razor is a wonderful piece of Japanese art. It Shaves so good that I can't moisture the UK and German ones

Great soap, great brush and Razor calls great aftershave. Saponificio Varesino 70th is here giving all the best.

Pre: warm shower
Brush: Omega 6783.Y
Razor: King
Blade:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cosmo
AS: Saponificio Varesino 70th / Mango Butter from Saponificio Varesino

Music:
EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver

proxy.php

SOTD 22 June 2016
Week 47 Day 4
​
A fresh creamy shave.

Starting good, starting with my Menthol Dope Preshave oil

Mon Plaisir is a creamy shaving cream. Subtle scent and a stunning performance. Soft skin and fantastic shave overall.

Omega Proraso is a great combo on soaps and even on a single brush.

Universal Half blade shavette. I was not using it since some time.
This fast and furious will love also your skin!

After shave like the best... Floid Blue splash and Proraso White Balm. Feeling great

Pre: warm shower
Brush: Omega 6783.Y
Razor: Universal Half Blade Shavette
Blade: Bolzano
Soap:Mon Plaisir
AS: Floid Blue / Proraso White Balm

Music:

proxy.php

SOTD 27 June 2016
Week 48 Day 1

​
This week will be. A great week. I will feel only for this week like being in a crossing.

I'm going good to finish this week my month of Shaving with a straight razor.

This week is my monthly all Italian week.

Starting late from this week on 1st of July I will go also for another challenge: emptying tub or tubes and I will start with Proraso Green making a picture of the start of this weird challenge.

So today I had the great all Italian all greens, barbershop grade and I was very very happy!

Pre: Proraso Green pre shave
Brush: Omega 48 the Grandfather
Razor: Universal Shavette Whole Blade
Blade: Bolzano
Soap: Proraso Green Tub
AS: Proraso Splash ?Proraso Green Balm

Music:

proxy.php

SOTD 29 June 2016
Week 48 Day 3

My crossing week:

finish this week my month of Shaving with a straight razor.

This week all Italian week.

Emptying tub or tubes and I will start with Proraso Green next Friday morning.
Because July will be the month of getting over of at least one tub or tube or puck of product.

I started today with the classic Sandalwood Preshave, the great Proraso Red.

Using again one of the classic scents from PannaCrema my favorite San Francesco.
Scents of Old jackets and scarves used with love stored on grandfather cabin. Oh and the lather is rich and protective like a hug of nonno.

This classic SOTD is ruled and lathered by the great Omega 98 brush. Another old great classic, a wonderful boar.

Following today mood the slim Universal Shavette Half blade loaded with a fresh Bolzano blade. Great close shave.

The aftershave treatment today is going strong with Denim Musk splash and the I Coloniali cream ends sweet and soft on the skin.

Pre: Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Omega 98
Razor: Universal Shavette Half Blade
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Soap: PannaCrema San Francesco
AS: Denim Musk / I Coloniali Mango balm

Music:

proxy.php

SOTD 1st July 2016
Week 48 Day 5

The crossing week with three goals

1. finish this week my month of Shaving with a straight razor.
2. This week all Italian week.
3. The July Clearing House Month
Emptying tub or tubes and I will start with Proraso Green next Friday morning
So July will be the month of getting over of at least one tub or tube or puck of product.

Starting today with the July 2016 Clearing House Month! The more I will use them the sooner I will empty them!

proxy.php

Two Soaps
Proraso Green
GFT Rose

Two Balms
I coloniali Mango Aftershave balm
Proraso Green

One aftershave Splash
Denim Musk.

Yes the combination of these products is sometime not perfect but I will use them as much as possible until the end of the month
I will have success if at least three of them will be over!

Today shaves started with a strong chill twist thanks to my home made Menthol Dope Oil.

Proraso Green. What else? Here there is the history of wet shaving in a green tub.

Omega 48 another piece of history of shaving. The boar family is never complete without it.

again today the Universal Whole Blade shavette. I like the barber tools, and this one is one of the most used.

Ending with a different matching of spicy patchouli and menthol. Not perfect but acceptable. Denim Musk plus Proraso Green Balm.

Pre: Menthol Dope Oil
Brush: Omega 48
Razor: Universal Shavette Whole Blade
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (2)
Soap: Proraso Green
AS: Denim Musk / Proraso Green Balm

Music: Amos Lee

proxy.php

Starting today with the July 2016 Clearing House Month! The more I will use them the sooner I will empty them!
I've done this a few times. It's tough while you're going it because it feels like you're depriving yourself of good soaps, but you feel real good once you empty something.

In my case however, for every soap I finished, I bought two more so net I gained soap ;-)

I did an Austere August last summer - one razor, one soap, one brush and one splash for the entire month - felt like the longest month ever! I shaved with the same basic kit my dad used his entire life.

Lather: DeLuxe Shaving Rockers
Brush: Henri et Victoria Sir Henri HM badger (22mm/48mm)
Razor: Gillette Goodwill Canadian Reverse Stud #175
Blade: Bolzano Superinox [116]
Finish: Aqua Velva Ice Blue with added menthol

Today is Canada Day so I went with an all-Canadian shave. I used a Bolzano blade so I still qualify to post here ;-)

Started with a splash of Canadian tap water on my face, then used a Canadian brush to build some quality Canadian lather.

This Canadian Goodwill is still one of my Goldilocks razors. It's super smooth yet efficient. Even with a blade this old, it gave me a great shave with no tugging or irritation, rivaling my Gillette English raised flat bottom razors. Unlike yesterday's mild PAL razor, today's shave was as close as I need to be.

Finished with some Canadian Aqua Velva and I'm ready to do a long overdue cleanup in my garden shed.

proxy.php

Welcome back Steve. I just finished GEMini, so I'm all themed out for a few months. Just shaving with whatever I want. Stefano is 3017ing a few soaps this month in hopes of getting rid of some tubs.

Rudy is right!

I was also thinking to make an all Italian month in August Steve and Rudy.
August will be our first year anniversary together the first birthday of our thread!

Top Bottom