What's new

Any Pac-12 football fans in the house?

This post is two-fold: 1) To just be excited about the near return of college football, specifically Pac-12 (i.e, the most exciting variety thereof) football, and 2) to ask for some help.

This is a bit of a follow up to a post I made in The Barbershop a few weeks back that didn't get too many responses. (I've likewise been combing the rest of the internet, to no avail). I'm a big Oregon fan, but I recently moved to Chicago. This is a problem a lot of people have, and a surmountable one with the right cable subscription, etc, for those that want to watch their teams play. I'm looking for a way to do it on the cheap, and I'm wondering if anybody out there has any ideas. I'm not really interested in paying an arm and a leg for a cable subscription (which would have to be the most expensive, in order to get the ultra mega deluxe sports package to watch west coast football here in Chicago), since we really don't watch much TV outside of the football I like to watch, and at this point don't even own a television, so that would have to be part of the investment. I have family members who already have these services, so I could use their emails/information to stream games online, HOWEVER I cook for a living, meaning I work every Saturday, and I can't be home to watch.

So, my question are this: does anybody know of a means of saving an online streamed game, that is, a way of setting your computer to stream a game, then recording it so I could watch it later? A sort of software, app, or otherwise? Does anybody out there have a similar problem, and how do you deal with it? I know there IS a solution: get a TV, sign up for Comcast, get TIVO, pay the bill, enjoy the games, cancel at the end of the season, but like I said, I cook for a living, and that's pricey. Any help or advice would be appreciated, gentlemen! Thank you.

Travis

Sorry, I just edited my original post because I misunderstood your question.

If your looking to capture an online stream automatically, you may want visit CNET or Lifehacker.

Take care,
Jason

Last edited:
I'm interested in this as well. As a lifelong USC fan, would be nice to catch the USC/ND game at a bare minimum...

I should note that I've cut the cord as well so I have no cable in the house...only streaming Internet

Okay. I'm going to try to give you an answer as best I can. I'm an SEC fan, but I respect the PAC 12. DISH (network) launched a Web based TV plan a little while back to good reviews. I believe it is features chromecast support, so cheap and easy to get on a big screen. It includes ESPN which should give you access to WatchESPN. Games aired on ESPN are available for replay (streaming) the next day (I think, at least SEC games are). Now, the downside is that the controls in the WatchESPN app are not as good as on a DVR, but it works.

The dish plan (I can't think of the name right now!) requires no equipment and no contract.

Now, games like ND that appear on NBC, CBS or Fox Sports do not fall under this plan.

I'm also a ducks fan and a recent graduate of said school. Obviously pac-12 network is awesome, but I have a feeling that isn't available to you in Chicago. However, I did get the SEC network in Eugene so it might be worth asking about with some tv providers.

My only real suggestion is checking the pac-12 website. They often have recordings of various sports events or offer some live streaming. Football might be too popular for this, but I have been able to watch some water polo and softball on there.

The other thing to think about is there will probably be a decent number of nationally televised games. I would think Michigan State, USC, ASU, and the championship game at least, and make no mistake the Ducks will be in the pac-12 championship game.

Anyway, I know this isn't much help to you, but maybe it at least gets you going in the right direction.

GO DUCKS!!!

I have UW season tickets. I graduated in '88 and my cousin started on the last national championship team. There's nothing better than boating to Husky Stadium on a Saturday and tailgating on the water.

Any luck with finding Ducks games on TV Travis?

I also wanted to share some minor disbelief that Vernon Adams was able to get the starting job so quickly, and also to be excited. I feel like this bodes well for our offense, but I'm definitely concerned about playing Michigan State so early. This is going to be an exciting season for us Ducks for sure.

Go Devils! Wish I could help on the tv thing, but the only solutions I know are illegal. I used to use them years ago, but they became too much hassle and have since abandoned them as well. I just stick with a light cable package that has Fox Sports 1, ESPN, and PAC12.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I graduated from WSU in '86. It have been a rough decade for the Cougs. They are getting better. Last year they were predicted to finish 16th in the Pac 12. This year 14th. If they somehow have a defense this year they may be good enough to get a bid for one of the minor bowl games.

When I moved to Seattle in '81 I found out about Pac 10 football. Any interest that I had in the NFL ended. There have been a lot of great teams over those 30+ years. I am glad to see that the conference is starting to earn some repect.

It's going to be a very fun game in SLC tonight! Rice-Eccles is going to be LOUD. I was in grad school at U of U for the '08 run which was a real blast. It was great to beat Harbaugh at the start of the season, the Oregon blowout was huge, and tonight's going to be another fun one. The #5 ranking looks great from where I'm sitting. I don't think we've been this high this early. I hope they can hold on to this momentum!

I know you aren't looking to go the cable route; all I can think of tho s Sling TV would get you access to WatchESPN which would let you stream them on Roku.....

Gonna cost you 20 a month through the football season.

I think I would like to see Spurrier go to USC. He would be a good fit for that program. He could actually get the recruits he needs to get back on top.

Top Bottom