What's new

2015-16 English Premier League/Champion's League

Tough day to be a Newcastle fan today, it was always going to be a rough season for them with no defense and a brolly wielding manager, but to come up against Aguero when he's on form was never going to be pretty for any team. 5 goals for the lad in 20 minutes, can't wait to see the highlights of that.

What a shambles . . . ESPECIALLY after such a decent first 40 minutes, too.

I just watched the first half of the match, you are right, Newcastle held their own for a while. Unfortunately, it is a 90 minute game.

They need to get rid of the Wally ASAP, but their problem is going to be finding a decent manager who would actually consider taking the job. Problems with the ownership, the way they identify and sign players, the defensive staff, lack of potential transfer funding after the summer spending spree...... it is going to be hard to convince anyone decent that the club is worth the work required at the moment.

Bright side for me is it'll be nice having Newcastle back in the Championship next season to play against my Forest.

They need someone like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, but will end up with some foreign manager who has no idea what Newcastle United means to the area, or someone like Nigel Pearson who might be a decent long term appointment but won't likely save them from relegation.

I just watched the first half of the match, you are right, Newcastle held their own for a while. Unfortunately, it is a 90 minute game.

They need to get rid of the Wally ASAP, but their problem is going to be finding a decent manager who would actually consider taking the job. Problems with the ownership, the way they identify and sign players, the defensive staff, lack of potential transfer funding after the summer spending spree...... it is going to be hard to convince anyone decent that the club is worth the work required at the moment.

Bright side for me is it'll be nice having Newcastle back in the Championship next season to play against my Forest.

They need someone like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, but will end up with some foreign manager who has no idea what Newcastle United means to the area, or someone like Nigel Pearson who might be a decent long term appointment but won't likely save them from relegation.

Two birds, one stone? Rodgers is TOO smart to take the Newcastle post, even if it WERE to be available.

SACKED - Though the Sports Illustrated article correctly posits Liverpool believe they are bigger than they really are. At current payroll, the Reds are, at best, a mid table team. Not sure what Jurgen Klopp will do differently. Does Jurgen have a magic potion to keep Daniel Sturridge on the pitch and out of the trainer's room?

Hahaha, NEVER tell a Liverpool fan they're bigger than they are. You'll get the standard "We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups...and Everton hasn't won [bleep] since 1995! We're a worldwide club!" Blah, blah, blah.

Though I agree with you. At the moment, they think they're bigger than they actually are. The problem is that Rodgers' bungling and the board's stupidity has seen $300m go down the drain. The club needs a huge overhaul and a lot of deadwood needs to be shipped out. Many of that idiot Rodgers' signings have been completely mediocre. And although the transfer board shares the blame there, the guy had almost no eye for talent.

Klopp is an exciting prospect for the league but the rest of this season will be spent on damage control and steadying the ship. And salvaging a Europa League campaign, if possible. They can't credibly challenge for the title for 2 years at least.

Mourinho should be available soon.

Surprised he isn't available already! Chelsea should have gone after Klopp. I think he is a better fit for that team right now than Liverpool. Liverpool needs a lot of work; they don't have the personnel for how Klopp likes to play. Chelsea's got some young guys who aren't utilized properly by Mourinho that I think Klopp would use a lot differently. But it sounds like Liverpool is signing him by this weekend, so we'll see what he can do against my beloved Spurs after the international break.

Spurs are looking pretty tough this year.

I am loving their play (for once), but they keep beating themselves. That's not necessarily a bad thing this early in the season with such a young team, plus they still have a lot of key guys recovering from injuries (Mason, Bentalieb, Son, and Dembele (who only just got back)). They're going to be a fun team to watch this season.

Everton is the house favorite at Simpsons.

My kids' club was inspired by QPR back at their founding 50 years ago, and I rooted for them last year. Saw how that turned out.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444582036.476361.jpg

. . . and the silliness that is Newcastle United just keeps rolling. 6-2 victors today over lowly (but STILL higher up the table) Norwich City.

. . . and the silliness that is Newcastle United just keeps rolling. 6-2 victors today over lowly (but STILL higher up the table) Norwich City.

And I thought they were doomed as their 1st and 2nd choice keepers are out injured, shows what I know!

Derby Day. Newcastle inches closer to relegation by losing the Tyneside derby to Sunderland 3-0.

Down the motorway, in the Manchester derby, United and City play to a 0-0 draw.

And Chelsea lost!

Derby Day. Newcastle inches closer to relegation by losing the Tyneside derby to Sunderland 3-0.

I hate to say this, but relegation might be too good for the Toon . . . ASHLEY OUT !!!

Down the motorway, in the Manchester derby, United and City play to a 0-0 draw.

Do we have to allow EITHER side a point for this travesty?

And Chelsea lost!

Well, at least there is SOMETHING to smile about this weekend. I may just have to adopt the Hammers, as my team of choice . . . I'm blowing bubbles . . .

No idea . . . but you'd have to think they would be a tempting target for some Russian oligarch or Asian money-man. IIRC, team has little debt, a massive and devoted fan base, and the potential to become competitive under better circumstances. Buy Ashley likes his toy, so a sale is not likely to happen unless I win Powerball . . . several times over.

No idea . . . but you'd have to think they would be a tempting target for some Russian oligarch or Asian money-man. IIRC, team has little debt, a massive and devoted fan base, and the potential to become competitive under better circumstances. Buy Ashley likes his toy, so a sale is not likely to happen unless I win Powerball . . . several times over.

With NBA franchises selling for $1 billion, a club like Newcastle should sell for $500 million or more. Does the club own St. James Park or is it leased from the city of Newcastle?

Tough to find someone with $500 million, unless he/they leverage the club. Or you get Vincent Tam.

With NBA franchises selling for $1 billion, a club like Newcastle should sell for $500 million or more. Does the club own St. James Park or is it leased from the city of Newcastle?

Tough to find someone with $500 million, unless he/they leverage the club. Or you get Vincent Tam.

Forbes values them just under $350 million, but I would bet it would be hard to get someone to pay $250 million. If (when) they get relegated, if they don't manage to come back up within 3 years (when the parachute payments drop), I bet the value will drop well below $150 million.

Not that Ashley really cares, his personal net worth is around 7 billion dollars........

Top Bottom