What's new

2015-16 English Premier League/Champion's League

BOURNEMOUTH !!! What a CRAZY finish to a match. If I am a toffee fan, I am LIVID with those pitch invaders. Looks good on them.

Also, Palace doing the business against my Magpies.

Vardy, despite what some overheated pundits might like to claim, is not in the same class as Ruud van Nistelrooy. But good on him for scoring today.

Vardy, despite what some overheated pundits might like to claim, is not in the same class as Ruud van Nistelrooy. But good on him for scoring today.

True, Vardy has a long way to go before goal scoring comparisons can be made to Van Goal. I'm just glad he doesn't have the dutchman's poor attitude.

I find it very funny that some pundits are calling Vardy the "Ginger Messi".

RVR did not have NEAR the arrogance of, say, RVP. No one gave Shearer crap for his attitude, to quote Reggie Jackson . . . "it ain't bragging if you can DO it."

The Reds are firing on all cylinders. After beating Man City, Bordeaux and Swansea, they dismantled Southampton in the Capital One Cup quarters today, 6-1. They even drew Stoke for the semis, avoiding Man City and Everton.

Leicester clear at the top. Wow. I know it won't last forever but this sort of surprise is the best thing to happen to the Premier League in years. Now I want the pundits to stop saying "when will the bubble burst?" and just enjoy it. They've gatecrashed the elite and are playing like they mean it. Hats off to them.

Chelsea lose, again. Despite playing well and having a lot of shots on goal and a lot of possession, they lose to Bournemouth. This could be the result that sends Mourinho packing. Though I have no idea who would take over if he does go.

That's not such a bad thing. Klopp has been very complimentary about the talent that Rodgers assembled for Liverpool.

Leicester keep winning. Chelsea keep losing. If this continues through the festive fixture period, (1) people are going to have to start taking Leicester's top 4 credentials seriously, and (2) I don't see Mourinho continuing past January 1. Chelsea is Jekyll and Hyde at the moment, but credit to Leicester. This is the story of the season so far.

Spurs lost to Newcastle, and this is why I never take them seriously. If they win a few, pundits go on and on about their "unbeaten run" and how great the team is, but it's Spurs. They never win anything. It's the same every year. 2 points out of the last 9. In a year where the Premier League looks to be more wide open than it has been in ages, these dropped points will come back to haunt them later. I guarantee it.

Arsenal continue to plug along. I expect the title to come down to Arsenal and City, but Wenger needs to strengthen in January. They just bought one player in the summer. Not bringing in anyone in January would be truly mind-boggling. With today's Champion's League draw meaning they'll likely be knocked out against Barcelona, they can focus entirely on the League. They could win it this year if they strengthen.

Man Utd have too much talent to be so impotent in attack. I just don't get it. My only guess is than Van Gaal's inflexibility with regard to his "philosophy" is what's causing this. The players look disinterested at the moment.

Last edited:
Arsenal has too many men down for Wenger not to try and do something during the transfer window.
Yep. But this is Arsene Wenger we're talking about. Conventional wisdom says shore up the defense, get another striker, and maybe someone to take the load off Sanchez (and has said something of the sort for years now). Yet he goes out and gets Kim Kjallstrom on loan or something. You never know with that man.

And even if Arsenal win it all this year, even if he does everything right and gets players in the transfer window and everything clicks and they finish top in May, there will still be some pundits who'll say "But it was a weak league overall."

And if City win, imagine Manuel Pellegrini's reward of "Thanks for another title, but we need you to clear out your office by July 1. Pep's on his way here."

Mourinho, if he goes, and it's looking more likely by the game, will need to be gone and replaced before the January transfer window. Gossip inches about Stones are all well and good but he's still an Everton player.

United are like Arsenal of old, lots of pretty passing and posession, no killer instinct.

Man City are losing games they should be winning. Only consistency is with the Foxes!

Top Bottom