What's new

Between Wacker & Thiers-Issard which might you choose to shave with

Thanks guys, for all the feedback, looks like my hunch was right, seems like more pros then cons for the Wacker.:thumbup1:

Both are great razors. However, Thiers Issard is experiencing a lot of quality issues since their historical know how has been dispersed over time. I just had a conversation today with the gentlemen who recently registered the brand Le Grelot (Thiers didn't....amazing!) and he claimed he would stop working with their blanks for this reason.

I would go for a Wacker, which for a French citizen is hard to suggest . 

Cheers.

Thanks Mango

No they only make one type of scales and all the blades go in those scales... So if the blade is short, they just choke up on the pivot point... Kinda cheesy if you ask me... I've re shaped all the ones I own

You said you've shaped all the ones you had, you do mean on the Wacker right, or? What have you done in the past grind down the scales , and re-shape them, how did that turn out for you?

You said you've shaped all the ones you had, you do mean on the Wacker right, or? What have you done in the past grind down the scales , and re-shape them, how did that turn out for you?

Well I do and have done a lot of rescaled so this was a wall in the park... Just snip off the excess with a saw then sand down the rest... Lemme see if I can't find a pic

So I've shortened the dorko... It's a normal length but hard to tell in the pics... The jugendmeister Is a pre-shortening pic

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438815989.327339.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438816043.381494.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't to fond of it either, so I finally got a 7/8 JugendmeisterView attachment 591699

I got this razor delivered the other day, and this morning, I tapped the spine and did a slow honing, first on a 8k-10k slurry stone, then on a 12k, and finishing off with crom-ox dry block on the linen side of strop, finally finishing off with 40 licks on the leather. I then pulled a hair out, and held it while placing it on the blade, ping the longer half of the hail feel into the basin, I've got to tell you, it was a sweet shave, easy cutting, smooth, and clean, totally stoked, great razor, thanks for all your feedback on the Wacker.

Last edited:
I only have one, but I am a huge fan of my Dorko Wacker. My only TI was not a fav and ended up being PIF'd to a friend. Small cosmetic blemishes, but blemishes that the Wacker doesn't have.

Top Bottom