What's new

Phone call in the bathroom? Why?

I will admit that I use my Internet when on the can. But today at work when I walked into the bathroom there was someone taking a phone call!!

I took the stall right next to him and proceeded to flush the toilet nonstop. After about the 10th with him trying to talk over it, he finally said "let me call you back."

If I was the person in the other line I would have told him not to bother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A few years ago I walked in to the bathroom at work to clean and found crumbs around the toilet. Cookie crumbs, or some type of food crumbs.
Who would sit on the pot and have a snack?

More recently I walked in and someone was in the stall talking on the phone. I stood at the urinal and breathed a heavy sigh of relief which ended with a "ohhhh man, whoooo". I flushed and held down the knob extra long.
Our paper towel dispenser is the kind you push to roll the towel out. I really hammered that down over and over to get an extra long amount of paper towels.

My personal peeve is people who try to talk to you while you're on the can. Anymore my response is along the lines of

*The following has been changed to better suit forum decorum*

"Hey, you who are overly fond of matriarchs in a scandalously indecent manner, may I please defecate in peace?"

If someone is on the phone in the bathroom I'll do my best to cut one as loud as I can or make some other noise best suited to a farm yard.

A high up guy at my old company always took calls on the can. It was really really weird...and he was always the butt of the joke...pun intended

Well done!

I will admit that I use my Internet when on the can. But today at work when I walked into the bathroom there was someone taking a phone call!!

I took the stall right next to him and proceeded to flush the toilet nonstop. After about the 10th with him trying to talk over it, he finally said "let me call you back."

If I was the person in the other line I would have told him not to bother.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Making sales calls while on the can is perfectly normal. Grunting while on these calls may entice other grunters to buy impulsively.

I will admit, I have answered the phone on the John (no offense to anyone named John). But only when my work is the one calling me. Reason being, I am subject to personnel recalls and MUST answer my phone anytime they call.

I don't even let the butler int my bathroom. Leave a message and I will call you back. I'm Kidding I am not calling you back.

I will admit, I have answered the phone on the John (no offense to anyone named John). But only when my work is the one calling me. Reason being, I am subject to personnel recalls and MUST answer my phone anytime they call.
What did the military do 10 years ago when everyone did not have cellphones and junior enlisted didn't have house phones?
Myself, I would wait until I am off the pot to answer. And if your NCO gives you hell, then tell him (or her) that you can't answer the phone while driving anyways so that order is unlawful, and that you intend to call them back. And as always a "very respectfully" on the end.

I've seen this many times and it's extremely disgusting. Immediately changes my entire outlook on that person.

A few years ago I walked in to the bathroom at work to clean and found crumbs around the toilet. Cookie crumbs, or some type of food crumbs.
Who would sit on the pot and have a snack?

More recently I walked in and someone was in the stall talking on the phone. I stood at the urinal and breathed a heavy sigh of relief which ended with a "ohhhh man, whoooo". I flushed and held down the knob extra long.
Our paper towel dispenser is the kind you push to roll the towel out. I really hammered that down over and over to get an extra long amount of paper towels.

It's not just retail. My wife used to work at a top-tier international law firm and she said that one secretary would eat her lunch in a bathroom stall.

I'm not too judgmental by nature, but seeing a person hold a cellphone to their ear while standing at a urinal -- or, worse, hearing them conduct a phone conversation while simultaneously having a bowel movement -- makes me conclude the person completely lacks self awareness, manners, or both.

I guess its normal for a lot of people. Think back 10 Years we havent has smartphones or light computers. Times change and so do people. I dont judge them but its just not my kind Of busines.

Why, indeed? I always hope my toilet/urinal flush can be heard. Some people just don't seem to know when to put their phones away.

Top Bottom