What's new

Brand New - Bought a Safety Razor yesterday.

...And then today I find this forum. I probably should have come here before buying, but I settled on a Merkur long handle safety razor and Personna double edge razors.

Any highly recommended guides for learning how to shave with a safety razor? I'm sure there are plenty of conditions for whether one guide is better than another depending on beard thickness, type of soap/oil one uses, etc etc..

Anyways, thank you for any responses, I'm looking forward to meeting some of the more active people here!

As a way of physical introduction, I live in Boston, MA.

Welcome to B&B. I'm fairly new myself, and can simply suggest to look for posts where people have asked for help and read all the great responses. You will eventually figure it out on your own with trial and error, but remember to always enjoy the shave.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Start by reading the stickies at the head of this thread. Then, watch the YouTube videos by Mantic59, Geofatboy, and others. That should give you a good start.

Welcome! I agree, just ask specific questions, look around, watch videos, and remember practice makes you become better.

Welcome. Happy to have you. I agree it's worth reading some of the stickies posted here. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Welcome to DE shaving.
Sounds like you're off to a good start, with both quality razor and blades.
Read the wiki here for information, ask questions in the appropriate sub forms, and check YouTube for shaving vids, lots of great info there as well.

Welcome to B&B.

Check out the Wiki section on this site, lots of good info.

Merkur razors are a good choice, I have two myself (42C & 37C).

Bawston eh? Hope you're enjoying your Merkah Razah :p

All joking aside, welcome to the forum :D hope you enjoy your time here and get some really good shaves from the great advice all over this site!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Top Bottom