What's new

Nivea Shaving Cream

Hey Fellas,
Any of you Aussie folks have any idea where i can get some of the Nivea Shaving Cream tubes here in Australia? I see them referred to all the time, and they get a great rap, but can't see it anywhere. I have seen Catch of the Day occasionally selling the Original Blue one sometimes, next time it comes up i'll snap it up, but other then that, its nowhere to be seen.
I have checked Chemist Warehouse, as well as other chemists, Woolies, Coles, and other grocers. I see a whole range of other Nivea products, such as shaving foams and gels, and the famous Post Shave balm, but i just want the shaving cream that everyone mentions.

I live in South Australia, so it may just be that this range is available interstate.

Any tips would be great. Im more than happy with the Sensitive (White) range, or the Original (Blue) range. If you spot them in any stores, then please feel free to post here!

Cheers.
Gabe.

Unfortunately, Nivea Australia (Beiersdorf) chose not to distribute these products into Australia. It gets sold all over Europe and the US. I'd assume they would think they would not sell enough of it locally. Only if they did their research to realise that traditional wet shaving is making a come-back. (See this link)

I'd recommend as many of us as possible drop them a line suggesting that they should make their shaving creams available in Aus (Contact form available here).

Last edited:
It's great stuff. Dirt cheap in Singapore (Mustafa Centre) of you ever go there. I just put in "Nivea Shave Cream" in eBay and came up with a few vendors. This may be your best bet.

Unfortunately, Nivea Australia (Beiersdorf) chose not to distribute these products into Australia. It gets sold all over Europe and the US. I'd assume they would think they would not sell enough of it locally. Only if they did their research to realise that traditional wet shaving is making a come-back. (See this link)

I'd recommend as many of us as possible drop them a line suggesting that they should make their shaving creams available in Aus (Contact form available here).

Thanks a lot for that information. I certainly think Nivea could make some sales here in Aus with those creams. I fully agree that they should stock the range, and if all drop them a line, it would be a great idea.

It's great stuff. Dirt cheap in Singapore (Mustafa Centre) of you ever go there. I just put in "Nivea Shave Cream" in eBay and came up with a few vendors. This may be your best bet.

Thanks for that! Actually yeh i just tried a few searches on eBay, and seems I could get a tube delivered to Aus for around $13. Not too bad I guess, not bad at all.

Do you know whether the white or blue is better? I use the White Sensitive post shave balm and enjoy it, but no idea which cream performs better.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for that! Actually yeh i just tried a few searches on eBay, and seems I could get a tube delivered to Aus for around $13. Not too bad I guess, not bad at all.

Do you know whether the white or blue is better? I use the White Sensitive post shave balm and enjoy it, but no idea which cream performs better.

Both perform about the same. I did a mini-review not too long ago: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/409427-Nivea-Original-versus-Nivea-Sensitive-Shave-Cream

Thanks a lot for that information. I certainly think Nivea could make some sales here in Aus with those creams. I fully agree that they should stock the range, and if all drop them a line, it would be a great idea.

Looks like it worked - See here

Well done Gabe & to everyone else that dropped them a line :thumbup1:

Nice to know that Nivea Australia was listening.

Now, hopefully it sells well and they soon stock the "Originals" line as well.

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member

The performance is about the same but the scent is a bit different between the two. The original has a slightly stronger scent (slightly stronger Nivea scent I should say). There used to be an Indian grocery store in Reservoir on Plenty Rd that stocked Indian made Nivea. The original was close to what I get here. Looking at google maps, I think it's now closed, unfortunately...

The performance is about the same but the scent is a bit different between the two. The original has a slightly stronger scent (slightly stronger Nivea scent I should say). There used to be an Indian grocery store in Reservoir on Plenty Rd that stocked Indian made Nivea. The original was close to what I get here. Looking at google maps, I think it's now closed, unfortunately...

I know the one - just near the Rose Shamrock Hotel, which is only 10 minutes away. I'm pretty sure they are still operating, but I'll check it out the next time I drive by. Thanks Luc :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
I know the one - just near the Rose Shamrock Hotel, which is only 10 minutes away. I'm pretty sure they are still operating, but I'll check it out the next time I drive by. Thanks Luc :thumbup1:

That's the one! If they are still in business, that's good. I was in there maybe 5 years ago. The shave cream was on the far left when you walk in. I had to ask as I couldn't find it.

EDIT: Got it, OM Sai. Hopefully, it's still there.

I made an entry in the wiki back in the days: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Victoria_Shaving_Supplies

Last edited:

Wow there you go!! Glad to see this [emoji1360][emoji1360] I'll have to pop into my local Coles soon to see if they stick it there. Perhaps only on line. We'll see. Thanks for the update [emoji1][emoji1360]

Woohoo, picked up a couple of tubes while at the local Coles :thumbsup:

$IMG_0151.JPG

Good Stuff Andy. That's more than a couple :laugh:

I only purchased a single unit - but after seeing your pic, I should really get back and buy a couple more.

Wow there you go!! Glad to see this [emoji1360][emoji1360] I'll have to pop into my local Coles soon to see if they stick it there. Perhaps only on line. We'll see. Thanks for the update [emoji1][emoji1360]

I'm sure you'll find them in store Gabe. Its a little tricky - look towards where the Nivea canned goo is and you'll see it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it performs and seeing a nice pic on Gabe's IG :thumbup:

Last edited:
Good Stuff Andy. That's more than a couple :laugh:

I only purchased a single unit - but after seeing your pic, I should really get back and buy a couple more.

I'm sure you'll find them in store Gabe. Its a little tricky - look towards where the Nivea canned goo is and you'll see it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it performs and seeing a nice pic on Gabe's IG :thumbup:

Thanks for that Volare ;) well I finally managed to pop into my local Coles, and there they were!! I was very happy to see it. So good to see such an affordable and quality product finally available here. I bought 1 tube for now, as I actually have 1 tube I'm in the middle of, that I ordered on eBay from Greece, of all places! It was the cheapest I could get at the time - around $10 or so delivered! Considering I paid around $3.50 at Coles, I knew i paid too much at the time. I really hope Nivea maintain the stock in Australia.

Cheers for the tip-off :)

Top Bottom