What's new

proraso red

I tried this a week ago and I just don't care for the scent- it smells like synthetic sandalwood scents you'll find in cheap incense. I also noticed some irritation from using this product, so its not for sensitive skin. I was expecting a scent more like what is found in Crabtree and Evelyn's old sandalwood products.

It's a soft scent, which is really what I don't like about it (real sandalwood is sharper like cedar). I wouldn't describe it as faint, however, it seemed to linger longer than some other shave creams I have used.

I'm new to Proraso Red (and really all the others too) thanks to my friend Mostho in Italy. I really like all the formulations and find the sandalwood actually very mild compared to most soaps I use. Qualifier... I'm not very sensitive or particular about scents.

I actually love the scent, and I get a wicked great lather, and thus shave out of it. But I too get the 'red' from it. I found it was lasting well over 3 and 4 hours, so I had to give it up. Too bad, nice warm scent and a good shave.

Maybe I'll trade it for a tube of the white cream or some of the soap
The White is known to be irritating as well. Proraso is just not for everyone.

With regards to the scent; remember that it is an inexpensive supermarket cream in Italy, so what would you expect?

I bought two tubes of red and returned them next day for green.
All their green products are excellent, bar none, and their new powder-blue ASB is easily their most sophisticated fragrance. It's top drawer.
But I take a pass on all their red and white stuff.
But that's not to knock Proraso. A truly class act.

Top Bottom