What's new

Arko AS cream vs balm

Could anyone help me understand the difference between the Arko aftershave creams and their balms? I've used a tube of cream and really liked it, and have been using a Nivea balm (bought locally) since running out of Arko. Looks like the balm will run out soon, so I'm curious which version to pick in my next Arko purchase...

Btw, how long does a tube of Arko last you guys? I burned through my first in about 6 weeks, and have been burning through 100 ml of Nivea balm almost as fast. I suspect that I'm applying too much, but my skin feels great, so I haven't thought of cutting back too seriously.

Thanks in advance,

PA

I picked up a small 50ml tube of AS cream while in Turkey. I found it to be similar to Nivea and other products in similar packaging. It is like hand lotion in its consistency and has no more fragrance than something slight and lanolin-like. If I put on too much cream, my face feels greasy. I squeeze out only a drop or so and apply it sparingly. The balm comes in plastic bottles of 150ml or so. Like the cream it seems to have moisturizer but appears more gel-like and has a light fragrance that lasts a couple hours. Balm is more forgiving than cream if you put on too much. There is an even bigger bottle, 250 ml, of Arko "cologne". That cologne is water-like in consistency and has fragrance properties similar to the balm, but with no moisturizer. Unlike most colognes, it does not smell overpowering.

The balm comes in plastic bottles of 150ml or so. Like the cream it seems to have moisturizer but appears more gel-like and has a light fragrance that lasts a couple hours. Balm is more forgiving than cream if you put on too much.

That's very helpful, thanks! I might give the balm a try, then!

Top Bottom