What's new

Lilac Veg. All the same?

Luckily the barber supply shop I frequent lets you open and smell AS before you purchase. I have used or even sampled LV, but hear its either a love or hate thing for men.

I've noticed one produced labeled Pinaud Lilac "Vegital" and another as Master Lilac "Vegitol".

Are these basically identical with different labels, or is one better than the other in terms of pleasantness and inoffensiveness?

I've heard of people who did not like Pinaud Vegital but DID like Master Vegitol. It apparently is a nice Lilac without the bad stuff some smell in Pinaud's...

I've heard of people who did not like Pinaud Vegital but DID like Master Vegitol. It apparently is a nice Lilac without the bad stuff some smell in Pinaud's...

That's good to know. Maybe next time I'm at the supply store I might decide what all the stink is about (pun intended)? If the scents are different, I'll make sure to smell both before making a decision and report back my findings.

These are different products made by different manufacturers. Just as with different brands of Bay Rum, the scents are similar but certainly not identical.

--Bob

I use and enjoy both. They are both different. You'll just have to try them to see if you'll like them. Remember they will smell different on you, than just right out of the bottle.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There is a distinct difference between the two.
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal is more "earthy" and Masters Lilac Vegetol is sweeter and more floral.

Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
$veg.jpg

Masters Lilac Vegetol
$i254651178_9821_4.jpg

Hmm....neither sound appealing to me, actually. Based upon the reviews I've seen on Amazon and Basenotes, I think I'll pass. I have Proraso Green, Speick, Swiss and German Pitralon, and Krampert's Frostbite on my wishlist - all have better reviews. I think I will smell test next time I'm at the barber supply shop.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The veg queen is now upon us. You have found us again my queen. Do the newly chosen need to chant words of loyalty under the arches of stone hinge?

He has missed the summer calling of the veg! Now he must journey to Stonehenge and to Transylvania! Where the keepers of the rites are trained in darker veg rites! There he must sacrifice his good sense and nose and douse himself in the green liquid while chanting "please sir may I have another" then by the first moon rays of All Hallows' eve he must stand in that Transylvanian moon and see if he turns into a plant or a cat... Of plant he is chosen... If cat he must bath in the waters of the Nile to cleanse himself of the stench.... Good luck

I simply adore the Master Lilac. I haven't 'manned' up and tried the Pinaud yet.
Make sure you practice the proper rites:
While listening to Dark Side of the Moon backwards you must light six various scented candles (truly it doesn't matter what scent because the veg will overtake them). Then while chanting "oh choose me green one" and placing a close pin over your nose, place the green abomination into a decanter so the gods may change it in your favor......once you feel the winds shift and the singing of the angels and your skin just feels right...apply liberally. This will ensure a happy veg experience!

Top Bottom