What's new

WSP Rustic shaving soaps sampler pack?

Hello men, has anyone ordered the WSP Rustic shaving soap sampler? I just ordered it and I am wondering if anyone can tell me about it? How many one oz. samples? How do their soaps perform? How long do their scents last? I ordered one sampler pack for me, but I may order one more for someone else if it pans out. How do you men like their soaps? I want to hear from anyone who has tried the soaps whether they liked them or not. I don't want to invest in another sampler pack if a lot of people dislike their soaps. Any input is appreciated. Thanks men.

I've only one-offed their soaps previously, and I bought three samples. The samples are enormous to me and I figure I'll probably get maybe 15 or 20+ shaves out of them? My favorite was the Gaelic Tweed which had a very strong, lasting green irish tweed type scent. My favorite that I've tried so far of that variant.

Also, I have Marakesh which has a nice scent but its very light and Mahogany, which is awesome, but its not the right season to use it.

I agree with David. The WSP Rustic soaps are excellent (both in performance and scent). I think that you'll be pleased. :thumbup1:

Website says sample soaps are 1 ounce.

Re: http://wetshavingproducts.com/colle...rtisan-rustic-shaving-soap?variant=4325392641

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for your responses men. Rusty Hammer, thanks for that link. I ordered my sample pack from eBay. It didn't say how many samples there were. I see on the WSP site there are 14. That's good. Thanks again.

I'm a fan of WSP. (Literally, I'm in their fan group on FB!) their samples are super generous. All of the scents I have tried are good, though some resonate more me with than others. I love Fougere Noir, their take on Drakkar Noir. Performance is very good.

I love the soaps and find they perform very well. I mostly stick to the full size tins because they load and lather so well right from the can. The samples are indeed a full ounce (a touch less than 1/4 of a full tin). The only reason I don't like the sample tins is that they are too small to load from (or at least for me they are) and I was spoiled by the ability to load direct from the regular size tins.

I think the value of the samples on a one by one basis is a little questionable, even though you do get a ton of shaves from them, but the sampler pack is probably a great idea.

I wonder if the sample pack has the newer spring/summer scents that were made available earlier this year. I bought the spring rain and summer breeze scent and found them to be unique and pleasant BUT not my favorite. I wouldn't be buying them again only because they have so many other scents I would rather try out or get again.

I have the Fougere Noir and Marrakeesh, and love them.. Lathered up beautifully first time with out a lot of finicking over product vs. water, slick with a nice face-feel after.

Great scents, but like most soaps they don't really last very long on the face.

I'm a huge fan of WSP soaps. They lather exceptionally well. I also bought the sample pack. I imagine those samples will last me close to 2 years!

My favorites are Gaelic Tweed, Barbershop, F. Noir, etc. The only one that wasn't really my thing (scent-wise) was the Blackbeard. It would be great if I was a pirate :)

Anyways, I highly recommend WSP soaps. The big sample pack is fun and a solid deal.

Thank you everyone, it looks like I will not only like the sampler, but also I will probably order another for my friend. I can hardly wait to see what the various soaps smell like! Thanks again men!

Top Bottom