What's new

Tobacquisitions for August 2015

There are some of us who are waiting for the acquisition this month (looking at you BK) but that's no reason to share the others :)

I got a tin of C&D Night Train from Ryota yesterday. What a sneaky man he is. It already has a year on it and I'll probably crack it open when I'm back in the states.

Traded for a Butera-Beckler Dublin meer yesterday, and picked up the pipe today. Not a lot of information about these that I can find, but best I can tell us that there was a limited run of these Beckler-carved meers that Mike Butera cut stems for and marketed under the Butera name.. smokes beautifully!

$image.jpg

I just realized I picked up a book entitled The Cigar by Barnaby Conrad III. Got it at a flea market. One guy had about 20 estate pipes in a plastic bucket. I picked out a Savinelli Canadian wire cut and was getting ready to make an offer when I noticed the shank was cracked at the mortise. No biggie as I could cut it back. Then I saw the hairline crack in the shank that was halfway between the stem and bowl. Oh, well.

You going to smoke the clay? I've always been interested in giving one a go. Be sure to let us know how it smokes if you use it.

Nice pickup, Brian. Looks like a lot of Sobranie, but it goes quickly once the weather cools down. One of my favs in the fall.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
This delightful Ropp vintage briar blasted bulldog w horn stem arrived today.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438915817.788791.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Thanks gents. It's one of the super old briar Ropps Smokingpipes has been releasing. Really light old wood.

Top Bottom