What's new

I'm in Florence, Italy for a Few Days - Where to buy products at a bargain?

I stopped in a few Farmacia's but all they had was Proraso in the can? I just wanted a tube of Proraso but while I'm here I'll pick up some Cella or Omega products if they are lower priced than typical online costs.

Watching this thread with interest as my work colleague is going home to Florence for a month next week, and I was going to ask her to pick me up some bits.

Cfender, last time she got me the green Prorasso soap in a tub, just from a regular supermarket rather than a pharmacy. It was dirt cheap compared to prices over here!

Cfender, last time she got me the green Prorasso soap in a tub, just from a regular supermarket rather than a pharmacy. It was dirt cheap compared to prices over here!

Exactly. Goto a local supermarket for $2 Proraso tubs & tubes, $4 Proraso aftershave and $6 for boar brushes. The supermarket chain is called Esselunga.

If you make your way over to the Oltrarno there's a supermarket called Il Centro (I believe) on Via Romana up near Porta Romana. I recommend it because the last couple of times I was there they had the Gillette Platinum blades in the white box with the blue lettering. Those are probably my favorite blades, out of 50 or so varieties I've tried, and they are almost impossible to find outside of Italy and Spain. You can find Proraso in almost any market or store that sells personal grooming items. Cella will be harder to find. One thing worth considering is anything made by Acqua di Parma. You're almost certain to find a cologne (their original COlonia is great) that appeals to you, and the scent will remind you of Italy whenever you where it. Enjoy your time there.

Last edited:
How could I have failed to mention Santa Maria Novella. For anyone it is an interesting place to visit. For a wet shaver it is kind of a shrine. Go there. Enjoy the ambiance, and pick up something to remember it by.

How could I have failed to mention Santa Maria Novella. For anyone it is an interesting place to visit. For a wet shaver it is kind of a shrine. Go there. Enjoy the ambiance, and pick up something to remember it by.
Ditto, very cool to even just walk around and sniff stuff

Get some SMN crema da barba! I think it's about 35 euros but its a large tub. Seventy bucks if you buy it here. Also, Valobra hard puck soap, which is cheaper over there too. And some Proraso just for the hell of it, cause it's so cheap.

Shoes:
Stefano Bemer, Via di San Niccolò 2
Roberto Ugolini, Via Michelozzi 17

Santa Maria Novella:
Sandalwood and vetiver eaux de toilette are particularly intoxicating (genuine, almost pure sandalwood and vetiver, not the usual travesties, ersatz).

Enjoy your trip, if it is not too hot now in August.

Go to mini market and big supermarkets.In europe pharmacies and drugstores rarely carry tradional shaving stuff or aftershaves.
Also check for figaro crema da barba and aftershave...

Santa Maria Novella is nice to visit but it's very expensive.

If you can pop into a few Profumerias, try to find some Blue Floid.

If you can find some of the Valobra hard puck shaving soaps, those are some of the best.

Also, see if you can find some Figaro aftershave, it's a wonderful summer splash, you might find it in a Tigota store.

If you have a car, book dinner at Dario's in Panzano, it will be the best 50 euros you ever spend on dinner... you will leave feeling like a Roman Emperor and thoroughly entertained.

Top Bottom