What's new

Is the Kabinett love affair over?

A few years ago, Klar Kabinett was the rage, especially once it was discontinued. However, it seems like it's gone silent around the Kabinett soaps; both Klar and Dusy are hardly mentioned anymore.

This morning I used Dusy Kabinett, and it's still a very pleasant soap (I have two bricks in storage). Who else on B&B still enjoys these German barbershop soaps?

There's a lot of great shaving soaps coming up and easier to get.
I have both Klar and Dusy and love them.

I have enough Klar Kabinett to last a long time. It's a very nice soap. It was earning significant attention well before being discontinued, and doesn't get attention now because it's been discontinued--during a time when so many terrific soaps are becoming available.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
This is how things go for most soaps. All the rage one day, and then in an instance easily forgotten.

I used Klar the other day. I had forgotten how much I like it. I have about half a bar left which should last me until the dirt nap since I have about 40 different soaps(including about eight sticks of Arko).

Never tried it. What would you compare it to? Are there samples out on anyones site? Thanks for the response ahead of time.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
A few years ago, Klar Kabinett was the rage, especially once it was discontinued. However, it seems like it's gone silent around the Kabinett soaps; both Klar and Dusy are hardly mentioned anymore.

This morning I used Dusy Kabinett, and it's still a very pleasant soap (I have two bricks in storage). Who else on B&B still enjoys these German barbershop soaps?

I have a full brick of KK that I have used a couple of times, and since stashed and forgotten about. Do you consider KK and Ducy performance and rose scent the same, or is one better over the other one?

I have a full brick of KK that I have used a couple of times, and since stashed and forgotten about. Do you consider KK and Ducy performance and rose scent the same, or is one better over the other one?

There's a review somewhere here, comparing both. The reviewer could not detect a difference in scent or performance (despite the slightly different ingredient list).

My experience also is that they are the same soap, with a different label.

Last edited:
I had a sample of KK a few years ago and loved it, I regret not picking up a few bricks before it was discontinued. I think the reason Dusy isn't talked about much is because it is fairly expensive & difficult to get state-side compared to the KK of a few years ago.

Last edited:
I've heard of it but never tried it before it was discontinued. With so many other good soaps out there, I haven't bothered tracking any down.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
$klars-kabinett-shaving-soap.jpg
Is it different then the one W.C.S. sells?
never mind just saw the out of stock tag.

Last edited:
I think the reason Dusy isn't talked about much is because it is fairly expensive & difficult to get state-side compared to the KK of a few years ago.

In the USA probably yes, but I had the luck that I could buy two bricks directly from Germany, with free shipping. That made it quite affordable.

I haven't tried kk,but i own dusy kabinett and it is awesome.There is also a third kabinett shave soap witth glycerin(also in similar package and size as klar and dusy).Any opinions?

I haven't tried kk,but i own dusy kabinett and it is awesome.There is also a third kabinett shave soap witth glycerin(also in similar package and size as klar and dusy).Any opinions?

Which one would that be? Do you have a name?

If you write kabinett shave soap in google check the images.It is the green one which says on the label "feinste glyzerin kabinett rasierseife".Hope that helps!

If you write kabinett shave soap in google check the images.It is the green one which says on the label "feinste glyzerin kabinett rasierseife".Hope that helps!

All looks to be the same soap, but for different retail channels. But it looks like only the Dusy is still sold in Germany.

Top Bottom