What's new

Is the Kabinett love affair over?

I bought a bunch of Dusy last year but found the rose scent didn't do it for me. I sold most of it off, and discovered another untouched brick in the cabinet. hmmm...wonder what to do with it. Probably sample it out at some point when i have the time.

I bought a bunch of Dusy last year but found the rose scent didn't do it for me. I sold most of it off, and discovered another untouched brick in the cabinet. hmmm...wonder what to do with it. Probably sample it out at some point when i have the time.

Pity that the rose scent doesn't work for you. I like that it is more of a "background scent" than an "in your face punch".

I just tried some Klar Klassik that I bought on sale and I love that. I'm sorry I discovered this hobby so late as to have missed out on the Kabinett because rose is one of my favorite scents. I did a search and there has been very little recent mention of their other shaving products.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Some folks say "OMG! I love it! It's the best!" for just about every soap when it gets discontinued, but I so far have two soaps that truly fell into that category for me:
- P.160 (both Tipo Morbido and Tipo Duro)... I have the originals of both, not the RazoRock reproduction of Tipo Morbido
- Klar Kabinett

I still have some KK left. Do use it a few times a month. A good soap with a greed scent.

Has anyone tried the Klar soap in a tin? How does it compare with the KK?

proxy.php

I still have some KK left. Do use it a few times a month. A good soap with a greed scent.

Didn't try it, but it is way more expensive!

Last time I bought Dusy Kabinett soap, it was €14,50 for 500 grams (two 250gr bricks).

Personally, I like the Klar in the tin a little bit better based on performance, but I haven't tried them side by side. YMMV, of course. It also seems to last longer in the tin (I seem to use less product), but I've never really measured that or anything, it's just what I imagine, anyway. I've only tried the "sport" scent in the tin, and I like it, but I like the KK scent more.

But they're both great. The tin is a little small, however, so it might be a little harder to load with a larger brush. The tin's great for travel, though.

The soap in the tin dries out just fine, but I've had some old KK turn into a gooey mess after a long time, after I grated it into an old TOBS cream container. I'm not sure why that happened, but it never dried hard again. Now, I grate it and put it in a shave stick, and I haven't seen this problem.

I'm still using and enjoying KK, and have some Dusy coming home with a friend who is in Europe right now. KK is still one of my favorites, and I hope the Dusy becomes more available in the US at a reasonable price.

Guess it's hard to keep up the fervor when they take the product off the market.

proxy.php

I just received a tin of this, as well as the matching 50mL bottle of aftershave, and a bath bar as a gift. I had never heard of it before but I'm surprised to find out Klar soaps are/were so popular at one time. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or sell it, I have a lot of soaps as it stands and not quite sure I want to "learn" another one any time soon.

Klar Seifen Sport is my favorite (along with C&S).
I love Klar Kabinette ,I couldnt get on with it when i bought it a few years back,i seem to have to super load the brush and top up between passes.Super slick with a great aftershave feel will get Dusy when it runs out.

Top Bottom