What's new

Ok guys, need real help here

All good advice, not sure if I want to drop $185 on a razor yet but am tempted, got restored fatboy and adjustable by the two Chris's, that may be the way to go as they have lasted this long and at setting 9 are good enough to possibly behead me!!!

I went from DE89 to AS-D2. You might think aggressive is good, but it might be worth trying something mild.

Coming from a DE89, I almost got rid of the AS-D2 because it was so mild. However, I persisted and instead learnt how to use it right. I don't think I can go to a more aggressive razor now. A few weeks with the AS-D2, and I tried the DE89 and couldn't stand it. I ended up selling it. I am always amazed that it is possible to get a close shave (I'm not yet at BBS) with zero nicks or irritation.

I have been using the AS-D2 over well over a year now and I'm still learning how to use it and learning how hair grows on various parts of my face and neck.

shaving.ie seems to have the best price at $170; however I have never made a purchase from them.

Last edited:
+1. The Fatip is worth a spin. Based on what you're looking for I think you'll like it.

+1. Fatip is amazingly smooth for an aggressive razor. At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, do yourself a favor and get a better handle for it. Sadly, UFO handles are no longer in production, but the Weber stainless handles (Bulldog or Classic) pair nicely with the Fatip, and the deep knurling makes for a satisfying hand-feel.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you have two great directions depending on your budget. Low cost - anything vintage Gillette or High Cost - modern stainless steel like ATT, Wolfman or Feather. Shouldn't be too difficult exceeding the performance of a DE89 on either direction and likely outlast you

+1. Great suggestions. Pick one direction or the other.

I got a Wolfman and am very happy. The PROBLEM is that it took a long time (more than 3 months) on the list. Likely similar with some of the other modern SS brands. So you need something for the present IF you chose that direction.

Another thing to consider while you are making your choice: Why not contact EJ or your vendor?? They may well replace the head.

Top Bottom