What's new

If your wife told you that you could only keep four of the following razors.

Ya know. It just occurred to me that this a great way of finding out what everyone's favorite razors are.
We are all distracted by being mad at a wife who may or may not exist and who may or may not have given an ultimatum.
But, unlike wives and common sense, we all have opinions.

Ya know. It just occurred to me that this a great way of finding out what everyone's favorite razors are.
We are all distracted by being mad at a wife who may or may not exist and who may or may not have given an ultimatum.
But, unlike wives and common sense, we all have opinions.

:tongue_sm

Pick four, hide the others.

Or, pick four, then lay out all her shoes, and say, "Your turn. Pick four".
This is exactly what I would do.
Those that can't do this.....This is why your wife carries your balls around in her purse.
I work too hard not to have what I want. And, the same goes for her. She puts up with me.
this is how I got rid of a Honey Do List.
She gave me one. I spent a week finishing it. I waited another two or three weeks, then!
I woke early for work one morn wrote up about a twenty point list of things I noticed around the house.
I got a phone call at work asking me if I thought she wasn't doing a good job cleaning.
I told her apparently not, those things I noticed this morning getting ready, but when I get home we can walk around those house and check in detail if she wanted.
I never got anothe Honey Do List, we hired house keeping, a lawn guy, and we have never looked back at fight over dumb stuff like dishes, lawn, laundry ever since.

Last edited:
My wife doesn't tell me I can only have a certain number of razors. She knows better, and respects my "little hobby".
What ever happened to being the man of the house.
For you women out there, I'm sure your husbands never gave you that ultimatum.

Funny. But i'm hearing in the back of my head a warning, "Do not try this at home!"

+1. Not worth a fight IMO.

Turns out that the Wolfman SB is my destination razor! Still have my EJ89 and a cart that I use for travel, but the Wolfman is the only one I use these days. :001_cool::001_cool:

What's up with these assumptions about women's accouterments? My wife has like two purses, and they're cheap ones. She hasn't bought a pair of shoes except maybe cheap flip flops and running shoes for exercise in probably at least four years. She rarely wears jewelry and prefers to dress simply and humbly.

If my wife has it that I'm spending too much money on shaving supplies, it's because we actually make financial decisions together, rather than my lording my authority over her. If she were to tell me to sell things I'd already bought, then one could assume we were in dire financial straits and it would be bad of me not to sell them.

Are men really so callous and self-absorbed? I love my wife and she loves me; that's why I would choose to listen to her if she came to me with a concern about my spending habits.

Regarding the original post... I've changed my answer to "whichever razors give you the best shave". Get rid of the dross, keep the best.

What's up with these assumptions about women's accouterments? My wife has like two purses, and they're cheap ones. She hasn't bought a pair of shoes except maybe cheap flip flops and running shoes for exercise in probably at least four years. She rarely wears jewelry and prefers to dress simply and humbly.

If my wife has it that I'm spending too much money on shaving supplies, it's because we actually make financial decisions together, rather than my lording my authority over her. If she were to tell me to sell things I'd already bought, then one could assume we were in dire financial straits and it would be bad of me not to sell them.

Are men really so callous and self-absorbed? I love my wife and she loves me; that's why I would choose to listen to her if she came to me with a concern about my spending habits.

Regarding the original post... I've changed my answer to "whichever razors give you the best shave". Get rid of the dross, keep the best.

The original post no way represents what you are saying- rather the poor guy is being told what to do by his wife.

I'm in the same boat you are. I think the most expensive shoes my wife owns are ones I convinced her to buy. She adores them and has worn them a lot. That said, I have come to realize recently that many (most?) marriages don't work that way. And that's okay. Different strokes, YMMV and all that.

OP, my uneducated opinion is: Wolfman, ATT S2, NEW, AS-D2. My explanation: the first two are top quality and expensive to replace, one slant, one vintage open comb and one mild shaver. All are stainless or brass and will last several lifetimes.

My two bits ($.25):

1. ATT S2--beautiful work, my only slant, and my second most used. (My #1, the H2, is not on the list.)
2. R41--my smoothest aggressive, in third place in terms of use.
3. FaTip--my fourth teamer.
4. Wolfman--I'm an OC guy, and have an increased blade gap OC on the wait list.

I just don't use my vintage Gillettes or Merkur 34C much. I'm an aggressive razor user.

If your wife told you that you could only keep four of the following razors, which would you pick in ranked order?

Merkur 34c
Merkur Futur
Merkur Slant
EJ DE89
Feather AS-D2
Gillette New
Gillette Red Tip
Muhle R41
ATT S2
Fatip
Ikon DLC Slant
Wolfman WR-1 SB

I'd tell her she can have exactly four pairs of shoes.

Guys, reading comprehention. You can only keep 4 of these 12 razors? 12x4= __ i don't get why you need 48 of them... just having duplicates of the 12 should do. boom, 24 more open slots for future use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom