What's new

Need body soap recommendations please

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've been using Mitchell's Wool Fat and it's good stuff but I'm always interested in what else is out there.

It must be a bar soap
Scent isn't important really. I've found that almost every scent wears off quickly after the shower anyway. And generally all soaps smell good.
I'd like something that you can't walk in to a typical store to buy. So no Dial or Zest..

Maybe artisan?

Also, what about these places that offer a soap subscription?? Are they worth it?

Thanks!

For bar soap I use Duke Cannon. One bar will last a year.

I know you said bar soap, but I just picked up some Bigelow Barber series soap from Bath & Body works. Excellent scent with a bit of staying power. The suds were truly surprising.

I look for something that's all natural but yet still easily obtainable. I won't use the Zest or Dial soaps after reading the labels of all of the chemicals that they contain. I've bought some bar soaps online and it's a lot of shipping for bar soap which should be a fairly inexpensive product.

I use Kirk's Castile soap that I get from the local WalMart. All natural ingredients with a light coconut scent. I find it to be a very good soap that I can still easily obtain. About 4 bucks for three bars.

My second choice is Yardley Lavender as it's easily obtainable as well from the local WalMart or the dollar store. Another all natural soap but I don't like it as well as the Kirk's. About a buck a bar.

These are available locally but are all natural. Compare the ingredients to that of dial or zest and you see the lack of all the chemicals. More in line with what you're looking for.

The local Trader Joe's, World Market, and Sprouts have some soaps that are appealing but that I haven't tried yet as well.

Last edited:
I feel the QCS Soap of the Month Club is a great value. You get a "surprise" every month which I really enjoyed. I would have continued after a year, but my soap AD left me with such a surplus I needed to pull back the reins.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I feel the QCS Soap of the Month Club is a great value. You get a "surprise" every month which I really enjoyed. I would have continued after a year, but my soap AD left me with such a surplus I needed to pull back the reins.

I was interested in this mostly I guess. One bar lasts a whole month I take it? and then some?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What ever happened to Mikes Natural Soaps? He still around making soaps?

My wife and I have tried a few different bar soaps. Our favorite is Queen Charlotte Soaps, and we particularly enjoy the Cucumber and Melon during summer months. Mama Bear's is the other that we like. Choosing between the two is difficult, as QCS is less expensive, but the MB bars are a little better. They both lather very well and we love the scents. You couldn't go wrong with either.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks Mike! Do you ever feel like your skin is oily? I know QCS bars are mostly oils

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well I ordered Orange Spice bath soap and shampoo bar from QCS and a couple bath soaps from Mama Bears

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I had used Mitchell's for about a year, and one day it hit me how much i was spending on bar soap. I started to purchase Yardley Almond and Oates, and honestly that is my go to soap now. You can usually find it for .80-$1.50 at most stores. I usually stick to either Dollar type stores or Wallgreens.

Top Bottom